Stolen car, AAA, & missing fish!

S
sportsmanlio
I went down to the river a few times this year, but the most interesting day was when I found a car. It was visible from the road, and the trunk was open, but I figured that it was probably just another fisherman getting his gear ready. After a few minutes, I worked up the resolve to check it out with my buddy.

Every door was open, papers were strewn about the ground outside it, and it had been high-centered and (apparently) crashed into the ground before being abandoned in the middle of the woods. We called it in, and the police told us that it was just one of four cars stolen the night before in nearby Klamath Falls. The stolen car was "fishy," but that would be the only fishy thing for us that day.

On a lighter note, after years of fishing from an old car that sits half-submerged in the river, I finally noticed a AAA sticker on the bumper. Considering the car is at least 1/2 mile from the nearest road, that's quite the feat! Apparently they didn't think their Roadside Assistance Package would cover it.

E
eggs
Yea its off the paved road we won't tow it :)

S
sportsmanlio
Haha, good to know.

E
eggs
Bribe a friendly passerby with a case of beer to tow you to pavement then call haha

M
Mad dog
Man....that car has been in the river as long as I have fished the river....and I started fishing the canyon in the 70's! A son of a logger co-worker of my step-father stole a PP&L service truck back in the early 80's and drove it off the canyon wall....drunk, stupid and up to no good! Ya, they send you to prison for stuff like that! They drug that one out of the canyon!

R
RunWithSasquatch
That car in the crick looks like a good duck blind if you climb inside the thing.

S
sportsmanlio
Yeah, it's been here for my whole lifetime. As for the duck blind, it would probably work! There are a lot of wood ducks that frequent this area, but they take off at the first frost...

Top Bottom