Stocked

G
Growbug
Gates are open, ponds got their fish yesterday (2 march), all ponds full of water, carparks full of cars.
I went down with kiddie this afternoon for a couple of hours. We fished pond 3. It was obvious to me after a little while that we were at the wrong pond.
Truck tracks lead to pond 6. Fisherman at pond 6 were catching nice sized trout.

T
The Tightest Line
Sweet, I'm moving I can't hit it yet. Dang

A
amateurmatt
Was out there for a few hours today, seemed to be fished out of trout already. Saw a good 2 dozen people all over pond 6 and only 1 person had anything(1 trout). Same old problem with the ponds here though, underwater plants too thick making it difficult to fish in most places. That being said, in a few weeks maybe the bass, crappie and blue gill will wake up and there could be some fish to be had.

G
Growbug
One of the problems with these ponds is that they get 'fished out' real fast. For two days after stocking, the place gets mobbed.
They are going to get stocked again in two weeks, and then again two weeks after that.

M
Michael
Growbug said:
One of the problems with these ponds is that they get 'fished out' real fast. For two days after stocking, the place gets mobbed.
They are going to get stocked again in two weeks, and then again two weeks after that.

Where do you find the stocking schedules for various waters in the area?

R
ryno28
you can just google fishing schedules thats how i found them

G
Growbug
Yup the ponds got another 1000 two days ago.. (Thursday pm)
The woman on the end of the stocking line split this into 800 'stockers' and 200 'trophy'. She said that there would be another stocking in two weeks, this would go back to just standard size. The large ones were for 'Spring Break'
Its always a good idea to call the stocking line. Stocking schedules change, and so does the 'whats going in'

R
rainbowfisherman
Gonna hit mthe pond today I believe. Throwing some flys.

B
beaverfan
Wrong section bro, this is the St. Louis Ponds thread. Good luck though.

R
rainbowfisherman
Ya sorry I realized that After I posted. Couldnt figure out how to delete. Thanks

G
Growbug
Well St Louis Ponds are going to be a little sporty over the next week or 3.
Last Friday they got an additional, unexpected drop.
This coming week, they may get another. Check out my thread 'Best fishing pond ever' for why

R
rainbowfisherman
I read that growbug. I' mvery sorry to hear what happened to the pond in your area. Although I sure doubt I will fish St Louis anytime soon. It has SOOOO many weeds everywhere in the water, I was there last year and you couldnt even cast in the trout pond. And when im there it doesn't seem like people have very good luck. Hmm

Thanks
Rainbowfisherman

G
Growbug
There has been some talk that the ODFW are going to do some weed removal, and structure addition as the last part of the maintenance that's going on currently.
Pond 6, the catfish pond, doesn't have as much weeds, and that's the one being stocked.

R
rainbowfisherman
Okay, thanks growbug. Might have to give it one last go. Hope your pond troubles in Mollala come to a quick end.

D
dinghy
balls of fire used to work good out there.