Stillwater or stream for trout

B
Boo
I like "Beaver Ponds" and other small mountain lakes and ponds. One of my favorite spots is an ancient fire lake that is now so old and grown up with brush that it looks like nothing more than a swamp. ODFW used to plant this pond and two more near it heavily. Now it hasn't been planted for many years, but is full of Rainbow 10" to 14" and very healthy.

I like this type of water because the "ponds" I know about are hard to get to, and harder to fish. That means very few people fish these waters, so I don't have to fight for space. All I have to do is put in the work.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sounds good Boo - nice to have special waters all by yourself.

O
OutdoorsTeen
I grew up fishing streams. Put me in a stream and i can read it like a book. I never had much luck fishing stillwater. I love fishing rivers and streams. So easy to find the fish. And the big ones are easy to find if you know where to look ;).

M
Metoman
Streams no doubt, especially spring fed ones

B
Burl Swift
I grew up fishing in the Sierra Neveda's of California as well. Lonepine, Bigpine, Independance, Bishop, etc., I love fishing those creeks and streams.

BUT, I'm really wanting to get into float tube fishing, and you can't do that in creeks. So I'm going to go with still water, because I'm ready for a new adventure.

N
njbinkers
i have to say stillwater. i have had my most luck with that. esp for trout. but this year i do want to hit the descutes for the good stream trout fishing.

P
pbugs2009
still water myself!!!!!!

C
CyberVic
I love a little bit of both.

Although streams can be more peaceful, sometimes still water can be really crazy especially certain times of year when you get crazy lake hatches. Some days / weather conditions lakes will be hot, other times streams will be hot. So I go where I think things are going to be hottest and where my mood takes me.