Still Steel

F
FishOnado
Fishing over lunch for about 30mins normally.
Looking for springer in very popular local place (make a guess). Was all spinners, drift corkie, spoons, jigs & pink worm. I was thinkin, "Man! I need to get out to Wilson, or at least to Sandy"

Today decided to drift flies. Why not? I said. First cast, I snagged a free BlueFox. To my right is someone castin her spinners. She moves on ahead. I get to her spot. 2nd cast, snagged again? Nope! its shaking and peeling my line. After about 6 or 7 runs, pulled in 28" clipped late winter or early summer (I could never tell) chrome and beautiful as can be. I didn't have the net with me but a nice gentlman ran over and grabbed the fish for me.

MH baitcast rod with 30lb tuff & 20lb fluoro leader.

F
FishAssassin
And the addiction continues!! Nice fish!!!

S
SantiamDrifter
Was it a hen or buck. Early summer hen's are immature sexually. She will have very small eggs if any, since she wont be spwaing until next year. Where as winter fish come in ready to spwan and will have full size eggs.

F
FishOnado
SantiamDrifter said:
Was it a hen or buck. Early summer hen's are immature sexually. She will have very small eggs if any, since she wont be spwaing until next year. Where as winter fish come in ready to spwan and will have full size eggs.

Was a hen. Had pretty good sized chunk of orange colored sack of eggs, but individual eggs were small ~ about 3mm diameters. According to your description, this I think was a early summer.

M
metalfisher76
FishOnado said:
Was a hen. Had pretty good sized chunk of orange colored sack of eggs, but individual eggs were small ~ about 3mm diameters. According to your description, this I think was a early summer.

How long do ya guess the skeins were?? 2-4"=summer and 6-8"=winter, prolly anyway. nice fish btw!!

F
FishOnado
metalfisher76 said:
How long do ya guess the skeins were?? 2-4"=summer and 6-8"=winter, prolly anyway. nice fish btw!!

Skein was about 8". which makes it a winter. However, this was about chrome as typical summers at Tanner creek in mid Aug. Strange weather pattern could have spread the return times?

M
mgdguy
Nice fish!! :clap: