Steelheading near or within a couple hours of Salem

S
SalemFisherE
Anybody know of any water ways producing steelies near salem or within a couple hours? I usually fish north santiam outside jefferson at greens bridge. Wanting to get out on the water with my new rod and reel. Especially with my buddy who planning on joining the armed forces. I would appreciate any tips. I don't expect your secret hole I just want somewhere to maybe see a fish jump. Thanks all.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Being in Salem you really have a lot of different fisheries within an hour to and hour and a half. Any of the coastal streams should fish good this week, look at the guide beaverfan posted and go explore. good luck

Last edited:
M
markasd
Beaverfan hooked ya up! Some bruisers being caught on the North Santiam - Saw a pretty sweet nate a buddy landed last week, brown water in the pic and chromer in da hand!

good luck - let us know what you find.

Last edited:
S
SalemFisherE
Thanks for all the advice guys probley gonna either try the north santiam or the nestucca this weekend ill give you guys an update after

R
RunWithSasquatch
I put my vote towards the tucca, of those two.

G
Growbug
The Molalla River winter natives are just starting to hit in numbers.

S
SalemFisherE
hit the stucca yesterday with my dad and a friend started at 3 rivers. Didn't see much think someone hooked one couldn't really tell. me and my friend moved up three rivers and didn't seen any fish. Talk to a couple guys sounded like there wasn't many fish on the river. Still a nice day especially when the sun came out. We were using slinky above the swivel and a corky above the hook and eggs. anyone go up and have any luck?

R
rainbowfisherman
I fish three rivers yesterday and I saw the fish you were talking about. I also saw two others landed. There were plenty of fish in the river. But because cedar creek was off color I think it was throwing the streth off.

S
SalemFisherE
what time did you see the other fish landed?