Steelhead spinner swap

Z
ZeeBorn
meluvtrout said:
Are those bodies stacked upside down? Interesting!
Well I guess to some people they are upside down... To me that's right side up!;) I make them that way because it allows the blade to spin closer to the body witch reduces drag and keeps my spinners in the strike zone just a little longer. That's the theory any way, I haven't done any scientific testing yet. They work for me and that's what counts!

Last edited:
M
meluvtrout
ZeeBorn said:
Well I guess to some people they are upside down... To me that's right side up!;) I make them that way because it allows the blade to spin closer to the body witch reduces drag and keeps my spinners in the strike zone just a little longer. That's the theory any way, I haven't done any scientific testing yet. They work for me and that's what counts!

Although I'm going to have to disagree about "blade spinning closer to the body" or "reducing the drag", you might have a point there since you said they work for you. I guess I'll have to try once and see if I become a believer too...

M
Mike123
After seeing how some people tie up their spinners, I was wondering why some leave such a long wire on there? Like the eye to the blade there's a lot of excess wire? Is this beneficial to some? :think:

Z
ZeeBorn
meluvtrout said:
Although I'm going to have to disagree about "blade spinning closer to the body" or "reducing the drag", you might have a point there since you said they work for you. I guess I'll have to try once and see if I become a believer too...

That's just the reasoning that plays out in my head. Weather or not my spinners have any real advantage over a more conventional design I don't know. But they have, and will ketch fish so I'll keep making them that way.
As the saying goes "different strokes for different folks."
I think that a lot of the time it just comes down to using what you have confidence in. If you don't really believe in what your using then you aren't going to be as productive. So I come up with reasons that I think my spinners will give me an advantage and that gives me confidence to fish them.
That's how I see it anyway.

M
meluvtrout
ZeeBorn said:
I think that a lot of the time it just comes down to using what you have confidence in. If you don't really believe in what your using then you aren't going to be as productive.

That's so true!

F
FishFinger
Mike123 said:
After seeing how some people tie up their spinners, I was wondering why some leave such a long wire on there? Like the eye to the blade there's a lot of excess wire? Is this beneficial to some? :think:

That extended tag wire gives you access to the tuning aspect of the spinner. While holding the wire between your thumb and fore finger, you can visually verify the wire is true and both loops are perfectly centered.

Although the importance of tuning is often debated, I am suspect of spinners that can't be verified.

M
Mike123
FishFinger said:
That extended tag wire gives you access to the tuning aspect of the spinner. While holding the wire between your thumb and fore finger, you can visually verify the wire is true and both loops are perfectly centered.

Although the importance of tuning is often debated, I am suspect of spinners that can't be verified.

Ahh... I see.. The spinners Phil (Kodiak) gave me had long shanks too.

Z
ZeeBorn
FishFinger said:

If I can get it to spin at a slow speed it's good enough for me. I never gave much more thought, but I might be missing something.

Z
ZeeBorn
Did everyone get there spinners in? I can't wait!

18406ej
18406ej
ZeeBorn- we are just one or two people short. If they get here tomorrow I will mail everything out Tuesday (Post Office closed on Monday).

Z
ZeeBorn
Cool! Thanks for the update.

F
Fishtopher
I sent mine overnight yesterday morning. Should be there when E checks his mail! My camera is busted so maybe he could take pics of all the goods and post em up here! These swaps are great!:)

edit....oops, i started this post waaaay earlier today!

J
Jacks Tackle
Wow sorry guys, I have been MIA lately. I have mine done and they will be in the mail tomorrow morning and should arrive wednesday.

Sorry:redface:

18406ej
18406ej
Jack- Nothing to be sorry about. It is that time of year when everyone is busy. As soon as your box arrives I will try and have everything in the mail the next day (our postman doesn't come until late afternoon). It is some impressive stuff.

F
Fishtopher
Sorry I was short one hook bonnet!! I was up against the deadline on the 14th, and had to get 'em in the mail so they wouldnt be late, and in the rush, left one spinner cocked and loaded with no safety on!! Dont get poked!:) Them spinners dont wait fer the fish to bite...they do all the biting themselves!:lol: Savages I tell ya...savages!;)

18406ej
18406ej
Still waiting for the last set of spinners to arrive, then I will get them out.

F
Fishtopher
:)Got my spinners today! Thanks guys! And thanks Eamon for puttin' the swap together!

M
metalmania
Got mine to:D. Nice work everyone.

Z
ZeeBorn
Got mine today! Looks good, one an all! Now who is going to get the first pic with one of these bad boys hang out of the mouth of a steely?
Get some!:cool::clap:

L
lilsalmon
got mine too....The whole lot is awesome. I sent some quality spinners in..unfortunately they werent my own.....next time i will have some of my own made just didn't get set up to make my own yet but will be soon. ...thanks everyone..can't wait to try them out.