Steelhead spinner swap

18406ej
18406ej
I am going to organize a winter steelhead spinner swap. If you are interested in participating please PM me before December 15 and we will get things going. Thank you,

F
Fishtopher
18406ej said:
I am going to organize a winter steelhead spinner swap. If you are interested in participating please PM me before December 15 and we will get things going. Thank you,

PM sent!:D

F
FishFinger
I'm in

Q
qwapaw
When are you planning this? I don't know if I will have anything that is not embarassing done by that time. I am a novice, and need to catch retarted Steelhead with my spinners at this time. I may be ready, let me know when. Thanks & Tight Lines, Qwa

J
Jacks Tackle
I would like to join it.

RB

Troutski
Troutski
I'm in...

I'm in...

PM sent...

Chuck

C
carl hungis
I would like to participate if there is still room

18406ej
18406ej
Carl and Qwapa, the sign-up ends December 15, so PM me if you are interested. The spinners won't be due in until about January 10-14, in order to give everyone time to recover from the holidays. Right now we are looking at 10-12 people that are going to play.

F
FishFinger
ej, can we get an official tally of peeps involved in the upcoming swap and refresher on the submission date? Want to get my numbers right.

** checked my PM's and saw there are 6 participants. I'll have my spinners in the mail shortly.**

Last edited:
Z
ZeeBorn
Pm sent. I'm in if there is still room

F
FishFinger
Ok got them all done.

After considerable thought or perhaps not enough........ I came up with these...

The first set I'm calling "Dead Ringers". A non conventional adaptation of a perennial favorite. I'm quite happy with the merge.

At first I thought of it as a novelty item (like the .40 spinner). But after swimming the prototype a few times.......

DSCN1277.jpg

Dead Ringer #3 FB Nickel & green. 119 grains. / .272 oz

DSCN1279.jpg

I'm looking forward to your reviews of it.

The second, more traditional

DSCN1281.jpg

Frostbite. #4 FBH matte silver & green 158 grains / .36 oz

DSCN1285.jpg

Yeehaw.... git ur spinners in!

Z
ZeeBorn
I got mine done! I'll get them in the mail on Monday. As you can see I'm a fan of plated silver too. It would be cool if we all could get together for a day of fishing with our creations. Anyone interested?
Can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with.
Cheers,
Nate

C
carl hungis
nice work guys!

M
meluvtrout
FF> Those green spacer beads look familiar! :) You better have a set for me as well!

M
meluvtrout
ZeeBorn said:
I got mine done! I'll get them in the mail on Monday. As you can see I'm a fan of plated silver too. It would be cool if we all could get together for a day of fishing with our creations. Anyone interested?
Can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with.
Cheers,
Nate

Are those bodies stacked upside down? Interesting!

18406ej
18406ej
With the quality of the spinners that I have seen come in, all of this swap's participants are going to be very satisfied. I plan on hosting another swap in February or early March.

B
bigsteel
im in on the next one

F
FishFinger
meluvtrout said:
FF> Those green spacer beads look familiar! :) You better have a set for me as well!

I do, they look great in both red and blue. Could be the new secret weapon; you know where..........;)

M
meluvtrout
FishFinger said:
I do, they look great in both red and blue. Could be the new secret weapon; you know where..........;)

Yup, yup :) I'll try to find #4 crystal spacers instead of #6s though. Looks like #4 would fit/sit perfectly.

K
koboabe
18406ej said:
With the quality of the spinners that I have seen come in, all of this swap's participants are going to be very satisfied. I plan on hosting another swap in February or early March.

Awesome... I'm in on the next one as well