Steelhead/Salmon Fishing Tomorrow

L
love2fish
Thinking about heading to Eagle Creek or Cedar Creek. Which of the two do you think would be a better bet for tomorrow morning?

Buddy and I are going to look around for some good spots and are fairly new to the area as far as fishing goes. Any recommendations?

Chris

love2fish said:
Thinking about heading to Eagle Creek or Cedar Creek. Which of the two do you think would be a better bet for tomorrow morning?

Buddy and I are going to look around for some good spots and are fairly new to the area as far as fishing goes. Any recommendations?

Chris

Cedar Creek!

Cedar.

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record, but...

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record, but...

cedar

Where is Cedar Creek?

cedar at the sandy hatchery. and I think the bridge is still out, so you will have to drive around dodge park way.

Its in Sandy. Go to google maps or something, and there will be a hatchery road near sandy, that goes to the sandy river.

Cedar Creek

Cedar Creek

Was there today - saw about three nice size fish that had been caught - my buddy and I had one on but he had tied the leader poorly and the line broke....doh. Saw a decent amount jumping though. I'll probably go back again soon.

Is there any good fishing access at Oxbow Park?

GDBrown said:

Seems like there should be - but if its a nice day there will be a lot of people there swimming / rafting / etc. Not sure though - some other forum members might know of more secluded places.

GDBrown said:
Yes.

GDBrown said:

Lots of nice access, lots of places you can have a stretch of river to yourself. I go there enough that I'll be getting a pass next year.

By the way, Chris (love2fish) caught a pretty good sized Coho today at Cedar. He or I will post a pic soon.

Photos

Photos

theboone said:
By the way, Chris (love2fish) caught a pretty good sized Coho today at Cedar. He or I will post a pic soon.

Here is the Coho I caught!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fish man... I have been spending too much time on the Kalama
I need to hit the Sandy soon.