Steelhead rod length

A
Airs98
P Line

P Line

Anybody tried that new PLine Hydrofloat for bobber fishing? If I understand correctly it was specifically designed for it.

O
osmosis
the hydrofloat works ok for the first few trips then the coating they put on the line to make it float screws up and it becomes garbage.

I use tuf line for big fish, and mono with mucilin for steelhead on my float rods.

G
GDBrown
Tuf Line

Tuf Line

the hydrofloat works ok for the first few trips then the coating they put on the line to make it float screws up and it becomes garbage.

I use tuf line for big fish, and mono with mucilin for steelhead on my float rods.

I'm a Tuf line user also and have never had problems with it fraying on the rocks. I have it on both my bait casting rigs 30lb for float fishing fall nooks and 15lb for steelhead. I've never thought of mucilin on my mono line, I wonder if it would restore some of the float to my braided lines?

GD

O
osmosis
It definitely helps braid float, the braid will just lay on the surface like it does when it's dry.
Mucilin on mono is a great way to go to get smooth mends out of it.

A
Airs98
Thanks

Thanks

Oh, wow! Thanks for the info. I was just about to splurge on this Hydrofloat stuff. I guess I will stick with the tuf line for now.