Steelhead in Junction City Pond

G
Gramps
Stocking of brooders delayed to early next week because of weather is the word from Roaring River Hatchery.

F
Fishtopher
:(That would be horrible for a truck load of fish to get stuck somewhere and freeze all those lunker trout. Good call.

C
Commodore S
Fishtopher said:
:(That would be horrible for a truck load of fish to get stuck somewhere and freeze all those lunker trout. Good call.

Not as bad down here BRO. F.T. I would imagine thats why they are staying south, my buddy works for roaring river, and he said they took a load to foster. How BIG will those fisheys be next spring.

G
Gramps
Bass in JCP

Bass in JCP

Went to JCP again today. Someone caught a 7 pound 10 oz bass on worm. Now I see why the crappie/bluegill don't get very big.

I landed my first steelhead in 2 weeks. It was bright as my front bumper and weighed 6lbs 4 oz. Although I have seen 3 or 4 caught every day.

18406ej
18406ej
Nice fish, Gramps. Congratulations!

B
Bassface62
Commodore S said:
Not as bad down here BRO. F.T. I would imagine thats why they are staying south, my buddy works for roaring river, and he said they took a load to foster. How BIG will those fisheys be next spring.

Any idea where they dumped the brooders in Foster? Which boat ramp or if they dumped them just off of the gravel area at lewis creek park?

C
Commodore S
Bassface62 said:
Any idea where they dumped the brooders in Foster? Which boat ramp or if they dumped them just off of the gravel area at lewis creek park?

Sunnyside

G
Gramps
61 brooders dumped JCP today. The ones I saw caught were very nice fish

R
rainbowfisherman
so do u think it would e worth making a long trip
is the fishing that good

G
Gramps
Fishing was good today at JCP. I would guess 20 or so brooders were caught today. Fishing tomorrow should be fair, but never know. Any of the ponds they stocked yesterday should be the same. I would guess next Tuesday after the next stocking will be another good day. But any day could be your lucky day. If the Salem area ponds are closer I would try them. I fish JCP because it is only 7 miles from my home.

Good Luck

R
rainbowfisherman
so walter was stocked right?
with brooders not steelhead

B
Bassdad54
pic of bass dont look like 7-10

pic of bass dont look like 7-10

Sure dont look like a 7lb 10oz pic of bass.What scales did he use??

G
Gramps
It was weighed on 2 different scales, one said 8 lbs, the other 7 lbs 10 oz, It was a fatty. Looked like a football.

A
A_J-Llama
7 lbs +

7 lbs +

Looked that big to me, guess if he wasn't holding to his chest, and out at arms length, it would've looked like a 10+ pounder:lol::think: so gramps, did he keep the fish or release it?? Not that it matters, just wondering. Very nice pics and great looking steelie,:clap::clap::clap: thanks for all your reports, Happy 2009 !!!

R
rainbowfisherman
went to walter yesterday
only one small trout caught
i was using power and letting it sink to the bottom

G
Gramps
He kept the bass, but I would have released it.
Fishing is slowing down, only saw 4 fish caught yesterday and 2 today but left early both days. Not many people at the pond today in the wind.

Troutski
Troutski
Thanks....

Thanks....

Thanks Gramps for all your post on JCP,s, its like having a guide on our site...thanks.:dance: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

R
rainbowfisherman
dont know where to go
walling
or walter wirth?
how should i fish.
Anyone have any luck with catfish at walling?

R
rainbowfisherman
hows it looking at JCP.
Still steelhead?
went to walter today.
Not a single bite

O
OutforTrout

Hello all,

Total newbie to JCP. Any suggestions on gear? I've read the thread and it doesn't sound like bait's the way to go (may be wrong there). Spinners doing the trick at all? Heading out there tomorrow. Will report soon!