Steelhead in Junction City Pond

H
Hawk
imho...................its all about being at the right place, at the right time, with the right bait, & hold yer mouth right................................:lol::lol::lol:

R
rainbowfisherman
please i need directions
Address
Zip code
Or just directions please help

R
rainbowfisherman
do u have directions to the place
anyone

H
Hawk
I've never fished JCP.........................:D

H
Hawk
Look at an Oregon map or Google it..................i think Junction City is right off of I-5.....then ask directions to the pond at a gas station........................:D

B
bd2cool
Hello Gramps-are you a mouth open or a mouth closed type of guy?:lol:

JC pond is 3 mile south of JC on Hyway 99-on the right side if you are leaving JC.
You can see it from the road-just look for the cars!:)

R
rainbowfisherman
hey thanks do u know what to use.

where in the pond the steelies are.
i have never caught a steelie.

R
rainbowfisherman
k well i have head that JCP is getting stocked thanksgiving weekend.
Anyone have any info. about this i am heading out on Sunday
will there be any steelhead in the pond still?
i hope so get back as soon as possible

R
rainbowfisherman
i know it got stocked on the 26th is that all

F
fishudedmeet
gramps! what color crappie jig and how did you fish it? under a bobber?

R
rainbowfisherman
hello i am fishing on the pond tomorrow and i'm fly fishing.
i know its late in the year but some people at sportsmens waehouse recomended a couple of nimps and i have some wooly buggers.
So i will be fishing the bottom.
i know anatoliy did good on a dy fly.
But isn't it to late in the year for dy flys?
So i will be fishing for steelhead (but a rainbow will definitly be excepted) should i use a wet fly or a dy fly.
I am thinking of jigging a version of a wooley bugger this fly is pink and yellow.
Would i be better off with dry flys.
And should i fish off the dock?
please respond.

Troutski
Troutski
Spinners...

Spinners...

rainbowfisherman said:
hello i am fishing on the pond tomorrow and i'm fly fishing.
i know its late in the year but some people at sportsmens waehouse recomended a couple of nimps and i have some wooly buggers.
So i will be fishing the bottom.
i know anatoliy did good on a dy fly.
But isn't it to late in the year for dy flys?
So i will be fishing for steelhead (but a rainbow will definitly be excepted) should i use a wet fly or a dy fly.
I am thinking of jigging a version of a wooley bugger this fly is pink and yellow.
Would i be better off with dry flys.
And should i fish off the dock?
please respond.

I am a spinner guy myself...you should post on the fly fishing forum maybe they would be able to answer your question. I think spinners work very well in the winter months for Steelies. Not that I have anything against Fly Angling but the pond is a bit small and can be very crowded for flyfishing. Just my opinion...

Chuck

G
Gramps
rainbowfisherman
Sorry if this is to late and you are already there, but I don't know much about fly fishing. I do know one fly fisherman has caught 5 steelhead this month there. Lately they have been hitting just about any thing, bait (worms, power bait), spinners (blue fox), plugs, jigs, flys, pink worms or just about any thing moving. They have been catching them all around the pond

Good luck

Last edited:
R
rainbowfisherman
i was there today and there was a couple of steelies swimming right unde the dock and a couple of guys were basically hitting them in the face with cappie jigs and nothing.
one steelhead was coaght and and a couple more were hooked.
When do they stock with new steelies.

G
Gramps
rainbowfisherman said:
i was there today and there was a couple of steelies swimming right unde the dock and a couple of guys were basically hitting them in the face with cappie jigs and nothing.
one steelhead was coaght and and a couple more were hooked.
When do they stock with new steelies.
I was there and caught one under the dock about 10:15am. Thats 7 I landed in the month of November. I was laid off in the middle of November so I was out there 21 days this month. Most days 1 to 4 hours. Some time its hot, some times its not. Don't know if they will put more steelhead in. But I will check tomorrow. They will stock with 350 brooders the week of Dec 15th (17th or18th most likely). In the past they have been 5 to 15#.

Last edited:
R
rainbowfisherman
thanks i think i saw u catch that fish and do brooders also like the crappie jigs.

G
Gramps
Yes the brooders will go for crappie jigs.

I talked to Leaburg hatchery and they said they will try to put more steelhead in next week if they have any good looking fish. He said the 350 fish that will put in the week of the 15th will be 1 pounders. But another hatchery will put some 15 to 20 pounders in the next week or so.

C
chris61182
Gramps said:
Yes the brooders will go for crappie jigs.

I talked to Leaburg hatchery and they said they will try to put more steelhead in next week if they have any good looking fish. He said the 350 fish that will put in the week of the 15th will be 1 pounders. But another hatchery will put some 15 to 20 pounders in the next week or so.

Man alive, they're sure stocking the heck out that place. I wish we could get a little of that love up north.

R
rainbowfisherman
thanks gramps so if u hear any specific dates about stocking. Please post.

B
bd2cool
Hello Gramps-are you still catching steelhead at the pond?