St. Helens Marina

G
GerbilManBoa
How is the fishing at and around St. Helens marina? My brother used to go fishing from the docks at the marina everyday when he lived in St. Helens. By the way, he used just earthworms to catch sturgeon ranging from 5' to 6' in length! He also used to catch bullheads weighing 1/2 pound to a pound. Of course he caught few other kinds of fish.

Has anyone fished at or around the marina lately?

C
capblack
GerbilManBoa said:
How is the fishing at and around St. Helens marina? My brother used to go fishing from the docks at the marina everyday when he lived in St. Helens. By the way, he used just earthworms to catch sturgeon ranging from 5' to 6' in length! He also used to catch bullheads weighing 1/2 pound to a pound. Of course he caught few other kinds of fish.

Has anyone fished at or around the marina lately?

from what i heard, theres no more fish in those parts

S
Swamp Puppy
I still see the occasional person fishing from the docks at the marina. Not sure how they are doing on the "quality" fish like sturgeon though. I think the majority of the (few) folks i see down there are bounty fishing for pike minnows.

Sturgeon fishing in general around that area is a lot slower than it used to be. I fish up and down the river/channel from st helens and it hasn't been great in awhile. I doubt the docks are any better.. (or i would be fishing from them instead of burning boat gas. ;) )

S
SturgeonSurgeon
I used to fish there all the time and it was pretty decent. I have not fished in couple of years since I had my first son, but about a 2 weeks ago I bought my fishing licence and tag and have been hitting the docks up almost every day and nothing.....nothing at all. The other day there were quit a few people down there with me and there was only 2 brought up that I know about. I have also tried prescott and nothing out there either. I think a lot of it has to do with the sea lions hanging around. Every day I see one down there at the docks and heard them at prescott. I started another thread named "Sturgeon Bank Fshing Spot so if you have any locations that are good please let me and all of us know....I will be down at those docks though till I catch one. Got a new reel and really want to try it out.

S
SturgeonSurgeon
I was down at the St. Helens docks today and landed a 38 1/2" sturgeon. After that the fish started biting and my Dad landed one as well. All in all a good day of fishing...