Squaw Fish/Carp vs. Bass???

F
Finneus Polebender
Squaw fish bounty

Squaw fish bounty

Its for real saw it in a local fishin mag today the odfw will have 18 registration sights you must register first 4-8 $ each for northern pikeminnow "Squawfish" over 9 in. length. many tagged and released fish worth 500 $ each. Not sure if it is restricted to certain waters but here ya go crawlerballs fishin for dollars. oh it started may 1st 2009

D
Dichrofisher
My grandpa caught a pair of these squaws on the dike (river adjacent pond which is part of the Wildish gravel quarries near Mt. pisgah.) They were seriousely about 7 lbs and tasted like chicken!

J
Johnny Southpaw
At least One Bass Left

At least One Bass Left

Fished the squaw/carp pond Sunday, formerly known as the kick a$$ Bass Pond, and only hooked up with one fish. The sucker fish aren't hoarding up on the bank like they were a few weeks ago, so done spawning, but they're still there in masse. So, I think the bass have moved around a bit, and they don't seem to be as aggressive as they should be, but they're in there. Have to really work to hook-up. We'll see as year progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Finneus Polebender
havin to work too

havin to work too

Thats the early thing its been spotty for me, had a couple hot days, should start gainin momentum soon nice fish though . They still there waitin for ya

C
coyo7e
T
Troutier Bassier
If you have problems with suckers. Tell some asains about the lake or.... Snag. Or for a small fee, Me and my friend can fish that place out of suckers.

J
Johnny Southpaw
If you have problems with suckers. Tell some asains about the lake or.... Snag. Or for a small fee, Me and my friend can fish that place out of suckers.

It would take you and your friend YEARS to eradicate all the sucker fish in this particular body of water via traditional fishing techniques. Thousands of 'em bastards in there.

T
Troutier Bassier
Dynamite.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Dynamite.

That's probably what it would take. Dynamite wouldn't spare the MONSTER bass that I know live in this pond however, so need a different option. Perhaps some sort of electric device that stuns fish and sends 'em to the top for a few minutes; have several boats out there to net the suckers up and leave the bucketmouths!

C
coyo7e
I thought The F&GD had these and used them for river census and stuff?

L
lizardman
Squawfish have a use. After you catch them cut them into strips and put them in the pickled herring juice... they make a great replacement for sardine or herring when fishing for sturgeon.

Dave