Spring bear!

B
billfisher
Oh, Man, thats looks like fun! Thanks again! Those Goats are really cool!

S
Santiam338
New video shot yesterday,or I should say "missed" yesterday..LOL

The daughter was shooting...She is a crack shot,but her boyfriend had her gun sighted at only a hundred yards...Bear is probably 350 and she was holding on the spine...She compensated on the 3rd shot and almost scored...Watch close and you can see the bullets fly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2UkdGHtdMY&feature=youtu.be

S
Santiam338
I got out of work early Friday so decided to head down for the evening hunt and stay till Sunday if I had to...

About 5:00 I had made the 4 miles of UP and reached the spot I wanted to watch...I was taking my pack off and looking around and spotted a suspicious looking black spot amongst all the other black spots...I put the glass on it and....BEAR!!!

Looked like a good one too,about 300 yards out...The wind was howling on the ridge and no way could I shoot that far...I thought about hiking around,but I would be out of touch with the bear for 1/2 hour or so...He could do anything in that time,so I decided to watch a while...

They say a big bear has very little room between his belly and the ground...This one fit the criteria...LOL

IMG_2936.jpg

He was feeding my way and the howling wind was in my face...I just waited and watched...He was feeding towards a little flat with a skid road to it about 250 yards out...Once he was on the flat I was going to shoot...
Just before the flat though he turned and started down the canyon..I had seen enough..No sense letting him make the bottom..

BOOM!

Of course he rolled all the way to the bottom anyway...LOL They almost always do...

IMG_2944.jpg

Without a tripod I had a tough time with a self portrait,but finally found a log and propped it up..

IMG_2941.jpg

I skinned the bear out in the creek,packed a front and a back up to the flat...Made it back to the truck at 10:30 where my buds gave me a welcomed beer...I needed it..

Brother Ken showed up the next morning with the horses... We packed the rest of the bear up to the flat..

IMG_2956.jpg

Loaded the bear on my old buddy Snoopy and headed out...

IMG_2962.jpg

Made the truck at 5:00...24 hours from shot to pickup...Just a regular day of bear hunting the coast...

Last edited:
E
eugene1
congrats on the bear!

Love the bear paw sticking out of your pack pic,

R
RunWithSasquatch
:clap: Awesome bear Bill! Glad Snoopy was enlisted, long day for you guys even with him around.

C
cowboysfan
Congrats!!! first bear I have heard of this year. thanks for the pics

P
PNW Sam
Nice job on the bear!!

Subscribed to your YouTube channel.