Spinnertopia salmon fishing- ORRT spinners

S
steelhead_stalkers
Daniel and I got out last week for a nice half day trip. I knew we would hit it on a good day at least once this year and this was the day! We trolled spinners the entire morning and went 10/13. What really made this day special is that we got into both Chinook and Coho in good numbers.

All of our spinners were custom made by Mike at Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle for this type of fishery. They will be killer on Siltcoos in a few weeks!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.steelheadstalkers.com\/Site\/images\/Video%20Episodes\/Spinnertopia%20Salmon%20Fishing\/spinner2.jpg"}[/IMG2]
What a great day on the water and we were home in time for lunch! :D Probably should have limited out on Chinook but the hooks did not stay in the other two. Might be our last trip out for fall chinook. Keep an eye out for the entertaining fishing video of the day.

We are going on a little four or five day trip fishing for brown trout, steelhead, and big rainbows over the next week! Should be fun. :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Spydeyrch
Nice looking fish there man!! Those are some pretty sweet looking custom made spinners! 10/13 is not a bad half day at all!! I would call it a great half day!!! :D :clap:

-Spydey

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice Fish guys sounds fun! I got some of them lures. only drug it around a little bit. Need to get it wet again.

S
sidehillwinder
What a bounty. I am turning green with envy. You guys sure know what you're about. Rock on!

S
Steelyfishn
Nice work fellas... I am a huge fan of those spinners. Michael at Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle has really expanded his selection too. 10/13!!! you guys are animals

N
nwkiller
nice work man, one hell of a day, seen u guys flyfishing yesterday...I wont say where....but i was on the otherside drifting/plunkin roe....ended up moving down river and gettin that smaller steelhead...how did you guys do?

S
steelhead_stalkers
We only ended up hooking two that day. Pretty slow! I can't wait for winters. Its hard to get away from the Chinook and Coho though. :D

M
mikeredding
Where were you fishing that was still open for silvers?

R
RunWithSasquatch
mikeredding said:
Where were you fishing that was still open for silvers?

They didn't keep any.

M
mikeredding
RunWithSasquatch said:
They didn't keep any.

I guess I didn't have enough coffee yet. I though there was silver in the fish box.

S
steelhead_stalkers
The first two pictures are the Chinook in the box! They were so fresh that they do almost look like silvers. You can clearly see in the first two images what they are. :D

R
RunWithSasquatch
steelhead_stalkers said:
The first two pictures are the Chinook in the box! They were so fresh that they do almost look like silvers. You can clearly see in the first two images what they are. :D

Fresh is right dude, scales are pouring off that second fish!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice report steelhead stalker! Err i was out there yesterday to, trolling herring in the fibergglass 22 foot sea ray. Errrr I knew i should of threw on a spinner or two... lookin forward to the video!