Spillways on long Tom River?

Kypedflies
Kypedflies
I am looking for a specific spillway on the long Tom and not sure what part of the river it’s located at!? I have seen a few videos of it and it has a cement wall with graffiti on it and is a fairly tall spillway that hold a good amount of carp, any help would be much appreciated thank you!

Kypedflies
Kypedflies
This is the spillway, is it Monroe?

Spillways on Long Tom River

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like Monroe to me. But not 100% sure. I only know of 2. Monroe and just below Fern Ridge.

Reactions: Kypedflies
Kypedflies
Kypedflies
troutdude said:
Looks like Monroe to me. But not 100% sure. I only know of 2. Monroe and just below Fern Ridge.
Thank for the constant replies! I have a few buddies of mine that have fished it and it is the one in Monroe!

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Just keep in mind that legally you must be at 200' feet away from a spillway (if memory serves me correctly).

bass
bass
troutdude said:
You're welcome. Just keep in mind that legally you must be at 200' feet away from a spillway (if memory serves me correctly).

I think you are thinking of General Restriction 18:

18. Trespassing on a fishway, weir or fish trap,
or angling within 200 feet above and 200
feet below a weir or the entrance/exit of a
private or public fishway or fish trap.

I don't think a low head dam counts (unless there is a fish weir or perhaps a fish ladder there) and that you probably can fish as close as you want.

Last edited:
J
jacknrubin
This is Monroe, OR

troutdude
troutdude
@bass Anatoliy got a ticket at the Monroe spillway a few years ago; for fishing too closely. So apparently is does apply to low head dams. At least that's what I based my comment on.

Admin
Admin
troutdude said:
Anatoliy got a ticket at the Monroe spillway a few years ago; for fishing too closely. So apparently is does apply to low head dams. At least that's what I based my comment on.

I didn't get a ticked. A sheriff in his car stopped next to me and asked if I knew that to fish there is illegal because it's too close to a dam. I said that I didn't know and that it's funny, because I was filming a video "How to catch carp", doing it illegally. He said "don't fish here any more" and let me go.

troutdude
troutdude
Whoops my bad. Sorry @Anatoliy. I'm glad that the OFFicer was nice to you.

bass
bass
@troutdude and @Anatoliy , is there a fish passage at the dam? If it is a straight lowhead dam that spans the river then I believe the LEO was in error if the regs were the same then as now. That does happen. The present regs are pretty clear, but they may have changed over the years. Presently, there are not any rules for fishing below a dam that does not have a fish passage (that I can see).

Could it be that the Monroe dam is a trespassing issue?

Admin
Admin
bass said:
is there a fish passage at the dam?

it looks like there is

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. It does look like there's a fish highway right there. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

Now I'm going to have to go and see it for myself.

P.S. Now we know why the 2 peeps in the first pic, were hauling them in! ROTFL

Reactions: riverman1
bass
bass
Now it all makes sense! Just cement in the fish ladder and then you can fish as close as you want :)

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
bass said:
Now it all makes sense! Just cement in the fish ladder and then you can fish as close as you want :)

BRILLIANT! LMBO!

troutdude
troutdude
Or Mr. @bass we could deploy a fleet of stealth drones to round up a few flocks of birds. For multiple strafing runs until full.

"Navigator to Pilot...target acquired..."

bass
bass
troutdude said:
Or Mr. @bass we could deploy a fleet of stealth drones to round up a few flocks of birds. For multiple strafing runs until full.

"Navigator to Pilot...target acquired..."

Not sure I would even want to fish 200' downstream from that :)

troutdude
troutdude
Where's your sense of adventure?

Oh...maybe you mean after it's filled with bird turds?

bass
bass
troutdude said:
Oh...maybe you mean after it's filled with bird turds?

My mental image was flocks of birds "strafing" in the only way I could imagine them doing so :)

troutdude
troutdude
ROTFLMBO! Got my desired affect. ;-)