Southern Oregon fishing report - June 21st

E
eat, sleep, fish
We've seen a dramatic change in the weather today, and the fishing outlook isn't looking good for the weekend. That doesn't bode well for the Black Bird 5000 Derby which is being held tomorrow on Diamond Lake. However, on the upside, the Rogue is experiencing the highest returns of springers since 2007, and over 2000 springers have been recycled back downstream.

F
fishindude
Springer fishing on the upper Rogue was outstanding today. Myself and two buddies hooked 15 and got 7 to the net. They were all biters and all were released due to the fact that we couldn't hook a clipped fish. It rained constantly for 4 1/2-5 hours but the fishing was good enough that we didn't care.15 honest hookups but we " touched a lot more than that. In hind sight we should have fished below Dodge bridge and we would have to able to keep all of the unclipped fish that we netted. Oh well , beats workin !!!! :dance::cool:

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
T
Throbbit _Shane
fishindude said:
Springer fishing on the upper Rogue was outstanding today. Myself and two buddies hooked 15 and got 7 to the net. They were all biters and all were released due to the fact that we couldn't hook a clipped fish. It rained constantly for 4 1/2-5 hours but the fishing was good enough that we didn't care.15 honest hookups but we " touched a lot more than that. In hind sight we should have fished below Dodge bridge and we would have to able to keep all of the unclipped fish that we netted. Oh well , beats workin !!!! :dance::cool:

Pics... Or it didn't happen! :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kid'n. Sounds like a great day of fishing! Way to go :D

F
fishindude
Throbbit _Shane said:
Pics... Or it didn't happen! :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kid'n. Sounds like a great day of fishing! Way to go :D

I wasn't about to take my camera out in that down pour , guess I need a waterproof one. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

E
eat, sleep, fish
Sinkline said:
Yep, you are right! Was at Diamond with my two sons yesterday with the pressure dropping like a rock the fish just plain shut down for the most part! We worked hard for 19-fish hooked and 13 to the net with largest fish only 17". First time in a long time we didn't hook 50-plus in a day! Even the fish we caught (released) were very lethargic and didn't fight worth a darn. Water temp. was 59-degrees on the surface mid-morning.

Today's forecast shows 1/4" rain expected at Diamond and 80% precip. for the day with 50% expected over the weekend. Not good conditions for the tournament.

Randy

Fishing was definitely tough up there today, and was personally my worst day ever at Diamond. However, there were still plenty of large fish caught with a 5lb 15oz taking top honors, and it took 3 1/2 lbs to place in the money. I'll have a post up soon with more details.

Top Bottom