South Umpqua Bass

C
colbypearson
anyone have any tips on when and where to fish the south umpqua for smallies preferably magnum smallies in the 4+lb class i expect to work for them just wondering where are some hot areas for the size i have gotten the numbers before in that park with the half shell but the best one about 2.5lbs any tips on baits and stretches would be great!!! ;)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
If you are near Elkton, head south on Elkton-Southerlin Highway. At the first bridge that crosses the river look left (east) and you should see the river flowing through a very long stone slot that is vertical on both sides. Find a way out there and virtical jig baits off the side. Start shallow, jig, drop it a little deeper, jig.. etc. There are some huge fish there, I've caught them! Not sure if it's private or not at that exact spot, you should find out.

C
colbypearson
i will definitely try that when does it start to heat up i have seen some fat prespawn female pics already but still am not too sure

N
nwkiller
GraphiteZen said:
If you are near Elkton, head south on Elkton-Southerlin Highway. At the first bridge that crosses the river look left (east) and you should see the river flowing through a very long stone slot that is vertical on both sides. Find a way out there and virtical jig baits off the side. Start shallow, jig, drop it a little deeper, jig.. etc. There are some huge fish there, I've caught them! Not sure if it's private or not at that exact spot, you should find out.
ya ive been to that spot many times and never had a problem, there is a lot of nice water on the street, and nice fish

C
colbypearson
thanks for all the help i would gladly share spots i have on various lakes if anyone her at O.F.F needs some advise on some of the southern Oregon bass waters