Snaggers On Siltcoos !!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Mike123 said:
I'm sure if they're pic was on all the fishing forums they'd be so embarrassed they wouldn't do it again. Just send the pics to OSP.. they'll get on it. There is a reward sometimes if you ask for it.

I am sure the guy in the YouTube video above does not care what any of us thinks of him. :D Some people cannot be helped, hopefully the person who did the actions in this post sees this and does not do it again. Thats why it is nice to have a video camera with us when we are fishing! People seem to do the right thing when they see a video camera. :dance:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
FishFinger said:
Geeze........... Let's keep it civil.

Yes, the Lic # was scrubbed, as it should be. Don't be a fish and game hero, call it in,

Better......... Get them on video

YouTube - Tools poaching coho on Cedar Creek

Now I've done it........ Perpetuated a snaggers thread, I apologize in advance for any additional work I create for our Mod Squad....

Are you saying he is a member here?

F
FishFinger
I don't thinks so, rather I hope not!

A
Anyfishisfine
I never have seen hardcore snaggers until the weekend before last when I saw 2 guys snag at least 15 coho until they finally got one in the mouth. Really disgusting behavior.

T
Thuggin4Life
These guys for sure drive the rig in question. seen the rig yesterday and the guys on the bank. Using huge lures with trebles and casting and retrieving in such a way it was obvious all the wanted was a to hook into a fish anywhere they could.

D
Drew9870
Anyfishisfine said:
I never have seen hardcore snaggers until the weekend before last when I saw 2 guys snag at least 15 coho until they finally got one in the mouth. Really disgusting behavior.

You must be referring to the Slaughter Hole on the Sandy.

F
FishFinger
Seriously, the slaughter hole? For time and memorial that spot has been elbow to elbow bobber and egg show, I'd have a hard time believing other anglers would condone retention of a snagged fish. Or are you referring to foul hooking in general? (five hook sets per retrieve gig).

Some times foul hooking happens, salmon will slap a spinner like we swat at flies. Other folks are clueless between the bottom and a bite and look like Kramer fishing.

It tough being a fish these days, Like hell raisers complete with fish hooks and all............

So once again , video them in the act, post it on Utube, if they retain any fish report them; the number is on the back of your license.

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
I mean elbow to elbow, 8 foot leaders, and 5 sets per cast, I was just not positive if the few fish I saw leave the area were fairly caught, it would be a different story if I witnessed them foul hooked. Would the warden be down there if I explained this story as it was happening?

D
dukeofhawg
Nice work Hawgslayer!

A
Anyfishisfine
Drew9870 said:
You must be referring to the Slaughter Hole on the Sandy.

This is a spot near Garbage hole where people don't normally go, unless it's Coho season I guess.

K
kaimuki49
why couldnt you detain them under citizen's arrest???

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
haha.....

J
JeannaJigs
kaimuki49 said:

wait...for real?

O
OnTheFly
I think only Chuck Norris could pull that one OFF. BTW, Did anyone know Chuck Norris can gargle peanut butter?

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
kaimuki49 said:

You most likely can't arrest them. But, Oregon does have a way for any citizen to start a violation proceeding against another and this sort of infraction would probably fit. The only catch is that you need the offender's name and address. You might be able to just use their full name (without address) provided you use a good personal description and the offending person has a DMV photo on file and you can pick it out of a lineup (that allows a citizen to just use license plate/person description for initiating a traffic citiation).

See here: https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/153.058

Good luck with getting their name and addresses people...LOL!

P
Phil_Bud
You should be a Game Warden who breaks the rules all the time and fishes.