Smallmouth general

G
Green Punkin
Anyone been hittin' smallmouth much so far? My spots on the Mary's aren't puttin' out anything, neither was the Luckiamute. I've hooked into a few on the Willy, but only in one spot and the action there lasts for 4 or 5 casts. Thankfully, those 4 or 5 usually mean 4 or 5 fish! Here's a few of em' to tickle your bass glands.

• 0419151338.jpg
  • 0421151626.jpg
  • 0421151629.jpg
  • 0421151641.jpg
K
kingfish
Try Lewis lake just down 34 past the construction on the bypass caught a nice smally there r monsters in there tho jumping all day. If you aren't familiar with the area it's between knife river concrete and the 20/34 bypass

G
Green Punkin
The one with the parking behind that fence next to Ireland Lane?

K
kingfish
That's the spot!!

K
kingfish
I caught mine on a curly tail crappie jig brown and chartreuse next time I go tho I'm gonna try top waters

G
Green Punkin
Very nice! I've only fished that for largemouth and boy I've seen some bucketmouth in there that could take a man's leg! But I'll pack along my smallie gear next time for sure! Thanks for the tip:thumb:

W
WillametteT
Great pics! I haven't been able to get out yet but, hoping real soon.

K
kingfish
The next hot Saturday I'm going out there after work I haven't yet gotten a good bucket mouth to show off I have a good feeling bout this summer though

bass
bass
Great job on some nice fish!

G
Green Punkin
Thanks everyone! All those fish got put back so go get em! Also, I don't know if she's still in there but I had a friend hook into what would not surprise me as a state record at the mouth of the Mary's last year. That smally HAD to have been 7 or 8+. He was runnin some heavy duty braid but she straightened out his 2/0 like it was a paper clip. I've poked around there without much success but I've heard local reports of a 6 pounder and some other hogs outta that hole so if you're in the mid valley like me and can't quite make it up to Hagg im sure there's at least a personal record in there for you ;)

B
Boss Hawg
Hooked a few on the Columbia near Arlington on Wednesday.