Siuslaw report from 10/20/10 fall chinook

R
rippin fish lips
Got on the water at 8 am, started trolling a little before cushman up river, the first 5 minutes of trolling my step dad hooks his first salmon ever, a nice coho prolly weighng about 8 or 10 pounds, she was hand landed and hooked on barbless hooks, quick pick and successfully realesed un harmed!

a half hour of trolling with no hits after that coho, we get to cushman go under the bridge (train tressel) right after it We hooked into a DOUBLE! the first one is (me) i managed to hook into a hot fresh chromer nook! it was 34 inches and 20 pounds!! The one below me is my buddy bill and his nice lookin 30 inch 18 pound nook!

Snapped a picture of this curious little guy at the boat ramp while taking out at the end of the day
Thought i would share it!

I ended up hooking into 2 more fish that had to of been 30 pounds+
they both ended up spitting the hooks, but it was a good day on the water! Oh we saw about 10 fish caught 3 of them in out boat. Oh and we also talked to a couple people who said they got 3 keeper coho they day before.

F
Finneus Polebender
Bright lookin nooks there nice day!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man! Gonna be down there sunday. Crazy how many fish are still low in the system but its a crazy year. my buddy was there last weekend and went 2 for 5 and one was 35+ that got away.

C
cobias
Nice !

Nice !

Love those pics ! Great job ! Herring or spinners ?

C
Chrome_Chaser
Nice fish Rippin'.

F
fishingfreak
Good job man! Those are beauties thats for sure! Look at that Chrome shine!

P
plumb2fish
Did the sardines work?

R
rippin fish lips
Did the sardines work?

Yes they did! Thanks for the tip by the way! we got the coho on herring tho. was a fun day! a lot of fish jumpin and boileing around

S
steelheadstalker31
Nice chromers.