Siuslaw Ho's

97trapper
Call Newport odfw and talk to them,(think i got transferd to reedsport) this fall we hooked 2 cohos at the coast guard station on the slaw it took 25 min of holding that fish by the tail for it to take off under its on power.the second fish did swim away fast.i called the odfw and asked why we did not have a short season this year after all the bay was just full of silvers this year.there resopne was they are on a fed endangdered list and would take a act of god to remove them.the highest i have seen seals is at the mapleton bridge.gald to here there is a season on the Siletz thats what were hoping for on the slaw some day.

Last edited:
97trapper
siuslaw hos

siuslaw hos

There is absolutely nothing wrong with catching them.call the flornce state police game cops and tell them your veiws on the catch and release of cohos on the siuslaw.i did not mean to step on any toes or stir up a bees nest.:naughty:

kirkster
kirkster
97trapper said:
Call Newport odfw and talk to them,(think i got transferd to reedsport) this fall we hooked 2 cohos at the coast guard station on the slaw it took 25 min of holding that fish by the tail for it to take off under its on power.the second fish did swim away fast.i called the odfw and asked why we did not have a short season this year after all the bay was just full of silvers this year.there resopne was they are on a fed endangdered list and would take a act of god to remove them.the highest i have seen seals is at the mapleton bridge.gald to here there is a season on the Siletz thats what were hoping for on the slaw some day.

Easy there bro, Im not here to argue with anyone. This forum is about discussions and opinions. I have fished with chromechaser and he is one of the most ethical fisherman I have fished with. I respect your opinion if you dont want to see the fish bothered where he was fishing. But for you to shout out why and that no one should fish up there. I think could have been worded a little different. As far as me calling odfw... whats the point? Cause the fact of the matter is its open to fish so there for if you have major concerns about the welfare of the fish. Then maybe you should call odfw back and ask them why its open to fish.
As far as 25 min to revive a fish. And the other one Not long at all? dosent excactly mean that coho have weak hearts. IMO some take longer to revive than others. It could be for multiple reasons. Maybe there worried about dying in a few more weeks after spawning. And still ending up as seal food. Or maybe they crapped out a million eggs and have no idea what there going to name all of em. who cares? let odfw control where we can and can't fish. And that way we as fisherman can concentrate on catching fish and enjoying the fact that we can. And like I said your entitled to your opinion. And Im also entitled to say I think its funny.

N
nwkiller
im yet to meet a coho with a bad heart every coho i have released were defently not weakend, infact i probably had more wear and tear and tired then them!