Siuslaw Ho's

C
Chrome_Chaser
Took half a day off from work and went to the Siuslaw River to do some Coho/ Salmon fishing. River was a little blown out but wasn't dirty. Used some home made lures made by a friend of mine and was able to land 5 Cohos and lost 3. No Chinooks. All were natives and released. Had a lot of fun catching them in 2 1/2 hours.

SD Card 141.jpgSD Card 142.jpgSD Card 146.jpgSD Card 147.jpgSD Card 148.jpg
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
wow man those are some nice ho's great job!
 
T
Throbbit _Shane
good job with the ho's
 
B
BobbiDollPDX
2.5 hours? Sweet!
 
J
Johnny Southpaw
Way to go! Some nice pics! Very productive day on the water. Good job!
 
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang! Half day OFF work, using a buddies homemade lures, 2 1/2 hours on the water to dance with the ho's? Doesn't get much sweeter than that.
 
H
hawgslayer
Nice fish man ! I have had similar luck up there with about 14 ho's the 4 trips, and only one nook that broke off as I was about to land it. How far above mapleton were you?
 
S
skunk
Nice day off!
 
M
Moe
Nice fish man! Great job for 2.5 hours!
 
C
Chrome_Chaser
Raincatcher said:
Dang! Half day OFF work, using a buddies homemade lures, 2 1/2 hours on the water to dance with the ho's? Doesn't get much sweeter than that.

I agree, what more could a guy ask for ............ Beer?
 
S
steelhead1
Woot!
 
D
Damon79
Pics look like Green Creek landing.. Nice fish and what a great day..
 
T
tnffishman
not too many fish scrap like a native ho nice fishes man
 
kirkster
kirkster
Way to get em Taun. Must of been a blast
 
9
97trapper
WHY .them fish are on a endanger fedral list. a guy can't keep them. the cohos have a small and weak heart if they are played to long they will DIE and become seal food leave the slaw fish alone and fish siltcoos.and hope we can get the cohos of the list and have a season for the sometime
 
C
Chrome_Chaser
97trapper said:
WHY .them fish are on a endanger fedral list. a guy can't keep them. the cohos have a small and weak heart if they are played to long they will DIE and become seal food leave the slaw fish alone and fish siltcoos.and hope we can get the cohos of the list and have a season for the sometime

There is absolutely nothing wrong with catching them. There are no seals that far up the river by the way. These fish are in excellent shape when I release them and yes they will die after they spawn. If they are on the federal endangered list, why are we allowed to catch and keep natives in siltcoos?
 
kirkster
kirkster
Chrome_Chaser said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with catching them. There are no seals that far up the river by the way. These fish are in excellent shape when I release them and yes they will die after they spawn. If they are on the federal endangered list, why are we allowed to catch and keep natives in siltcoos?

Thats funny a small and week heart. Ive caught coho at cedar creek that already had a dozen hooks stuck in em from being foul hooked. And they fought just like it came in from salt. I didn't mean to but in hell maybe your talking about a different kind of coho i dont know. I know last year the cedar creek hatchery hauled several thousand coho to the local food shelters. The hatchery needed 600 fish for there quota. And some days they were hauling a 1000 a day just to get rid of em. So I dont know how endangered could be an issue.
 
S
steelhead1
There is a season ,now.Siletz,one adult fish (wild coho) per person below mill camp.
 
J
JeannaJigs
97trapper said:
WHY .them fish are on a endanger fedral list. a guy can't keep them. the cohos have a small and weak heart if they are played to long they will DIE and become seal food leave the slaw fish alone and fish siltcoos.and hope we can get the cohos of the list and have a season for the sometime

Boyyyy are people misinformed!! Caught hos on a coastal river all day today and they took off like rockets, and continued jumping upriver. There aren't any seals above tidewater, hell, there probably aren't any IN tidewater now either. Coho shouldn't be on the endangdered list, period. They have made a rebound. CHINOOK should be protected...but it's all politics and that's a whole 'nother topic.

Sorry to hijack...Those are some nice hos.
 
C
Chrome_Chaser
You can hijack my thread anytime. I agree with you Jeanna on the Chinooks. Glad they put a stop to Chinook Fishing on the upper rivers.
 

Similar threads

yearofthescud
Replies
14
Views
887
Troutski
Troutski
F
Replies
2
Views
912
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
bass
Replies
5
Views
271
bass
bass
bass
Replies
3
Views
292
bass
bass
NKlamerus
Replies
0
Views
430
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Top Bottom