Siuslaw fishing 2015

Q
qwhacker
Been out three different times for about 2 to 3 hrs each time, finally hooked up this morning!! Bonus was hooked ip on my homemade spinner! 8fa4501a54c50ea8d50503702b59fb96.jpg2c978ea75db1ee45a7805a2698d12ee4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Jetty Crawler
Cool, where you fishing on Rhody?
Do you have a picture of the lure?

Q
qwapaw
Well, our week is over. Still no fish. My partner had 3 on the last day, and they all got off real quick. Did get some nice crab to eat, so we have something to show for our time. I need to recover from this week, may be able to make one more trip if the finances work out right. Tight lines to you all, and good luck. Dan

jamisonace
jamisonace
Those coho can be hard to keep hooked. My best luck keeping them on has been with spinners either trolling or casting.

Q
qwapaw
That day was strictly a herring day. I tried other things and even my Coho spinners didn't work. Well, maybe next time. Thanks for the idea. Dan

I
IcatchEm
I went to Rhody Wall today, no fish, appeared to be an algae bloom goung on. Caught no fish, had no strikes and saw none by anyone else either, same as a few days ago minus the algea bloom.

plumbertom
plumbertom
IcatchEm said:
I went to Rhody Wall today, no fish, appeared to be an algae bloom goung on. Caught no fish, had no strikes and saw none by anyone else either, same as a few days ago minus the algea bloom.
That's interesting. I was tempted to go yesterday but low fuel and lack of funds kept me at home. Now I'm glad.

L
like2fish_more_of10
Hi,
I am a newbie at salmon fishing .. what are some good spots to try on the Siuslaw. I have a small 12' aluminum boat with a 5-6 HP Evinrude. Last week , we tried a little downriver from the the Mapleton landing, but had no luck ... and we did not see anyone else catch either. Thinking of trying this weekend off Cushman. Any inputs would be appreciated..

I am using a float, single barbed hook with fish eggs & sand shrimp - maybe better to use some else. ? I normally drop anchor & cast , rather than troll. (not sure of all the terms used :)