Siuslaw crabbing 4/9

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
kayak crabbed the Siuslaw down near the ocean today, very few crabs and all were small...soaked a pot for a couple hours just below the CG station in a good spot and same result, just a few small ones...beautiful day, slightly windy...a couple guys were fishing/crabbing OFF the dock, they appeared to be rail dumping small crabs also...cheers, roger

Last edited by a moderator:
E
eugene1
Bad day of crabbin' is better than a good day at work or something like that!

Glad you got out for the try, rog. Have you been exploring those Umpy springers anymore?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Been giving the springers time...'no hurries'.

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
for anyone curious about pulling a crab pot in a Sit-On-Top kayak (ProAngler12), during an incoming tide, near the ocean, with some light wind chop..cheers, roger

https://youtu.be/wW2JaN5s9eg

S
Steelheader4Life
Crabbing has been very slow up and down the coast. I talked to a charter and they have quit soaking pots when going out for rock fish because it has been so bad.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Steelheader4Life said:
Crabbing has been very slow up and down the coast. I talked to a charter and they have quit soaking pots when going out for rock fish because it has been so bad.

yep, I heard here locally that the commercial crabbers are not have a great year; while out clam digging last week we noticed less crab shells than usual....

F
flocaster
It has been one of the worst commercial seasons in decades. We're doin ok if we are averaging better than 1 per pot

J
JeannaJigs
Bummer on the crab, but how was the clamming? I need to get over there and do some digging.