Siuslaw at Cushman

R
rippin fish lips
Has anyone else had any luck lately? I like the idea of the 900 fish quota of coho, its not a real big number but i am sad that a lot of the fish that get realeased by the ppl lookinfor the bigger ones will prolly die. I was talkin to some ODFW chick thatw as there and she said they r gunna be busy writin a lot of tickets this year. Don't forget for the ppl that are newr to fall fishing... It is barbless only! Ok i'm done. back tomy original question, has anyone else had any luck the llast few days?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Where do you get the barbless only from?

M
mikeredding
RunWithSasquatch said:
Where do you get the barbless only from?

I haven't seen that either

R
RunWithSasquatch
mikeredding said:
I haven't seen that either

Thats because we're not fishing in the ocean.

R
rippin fish lips
Well last year fishing im pretty sure it was barbless? it was on the umpqua and i thought it was on the slaw to, so i have pinched my barbs always. I like to pinch the barbs for the coho. i havent really looked at the regs much on salmon fishing this year as i have only been out once and always go barbless.

M
mikeredding
RunWithSasquatch said:
Thats because we're not fishing in the ocean.

That's what I thought too.

R
RunWithSasquatch
rippin fish lips said:
Well last year fishing im pretty sure it was barbless? it was on the umpqua and i thought it was on the slaw to, so i have pinched my barbs always. I like to pinch the barbs for the coho. i havent really looked at the regs much on salmon fishing this year as i have only been out once and always go barbless.

Salmon in oregon can be complex with regulations. Especially the always changing deadlines, retention per day, retention per year. Etc. Good season to read up on.

R
rippin fish lips
Yeah I always thought it was barbless for the ocean and tide water. but you got me there! I am lookin at it now and i see it. Good to know. I think ill stick with barbless in the tidewater tho. RWS, have you been out recently sine the last time u went?

R
RunWithSasquatch
I was in Reedsport Thursday.

J
JeannaJigs
Please for the love of all that is holy in the sweet church of tidewater salmon
Murder, tell me it's not barbless...I didn't see it anywhere but that doesn't mean anything

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Please for the love of all that is holy in the sweet church of tidewater salmon
Murder, tell me it's not barbless...I didn't see it anywhere but that doesn't mean anything

It is NOT barbless.

J
JeannaJigs
Hallelujah!

K
Kevinb5688
I am headed up there sat.. Bright and early, taking out the 14 ft yellow boat. I got a bow mount trolling motor and a 8hp Honda, if u see me give me a shout and we can compare catches:)

Reactions: Raincatcher