Simpson Reef April 19

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Most Featured
Short video from off the west end of Simpson Reef.

Fishing report: lots and lots of legal but small (<28") lingcod, I released 9, kept one that was injured.
Large Black RockFish all over and they were on the bite, my smallest was 2.5#.
All the kayakers I was out with limited on BRF and Lingcod except me, I just never found that big lingcod I was looking for.
However, 16 keeper hard shell ocean crabs in my 2 pots (11 keepers in one!). Most were 6.25" and missing a claw, which indicates to me they have been 'in-and-out' of a commercial pot several times this year, probably getting a claw torn off by one of the big crabs that the commercial guys get to keep (>6.5").
no whales.

gE0xvj2.jpg

rkXLdoF.jpg

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Look like a seafood feast is about to happen. Get out the filet knife and crab boiler! Great pictures Roger.

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Most Featured
Looks like a good day to me!!

What kind of fish lipper are you using? That thing looks pretty nice.

it's a really nice folding one, aluminum and stainless, and I am terrible at using it. (I lost my net at CoosBay last week, finally time to get good at using a lip gripper for bottom fish).

I think the brand is TSurinoya

here is a link to one on E-bay:

bass

bass

Most Featured
Thanks @rogerdodger ! I bought a really cheap boca style grip a number of years ago and I find it awkward in the kayak. The trigger style of the one you have looks like it would work better. I mostly only use mine to hold bass still that have a hard bait with multiple trebles in its mouth or when I bled kokanee. I am not sure I really need to upgrade but it is worth thinking about :)

Top Bottom