Silverton rez closed still?

S
Smokey McFisher
Hello everyone, been a little while but im back at fishing. went down to silverton rez other day with my new kayak to test it out only to find the park closed due to bad water. it did not say anything else and after a google search i didn't see anything on it other day. was wondering if anyone knows whats up with it and if they plan on opening it again soon for fishing? thanks in advance, Smoeky :cool:

M
Mattdm22
I haven't heard anything on it. Doesn't suprise me though considering a lot of reservoirs are closing for algae blooms. Hopefully it doesn't stay closed for too long cuz there's some nice fish to be caught there!

F
fishy4
has nothing todo with algae. i was there when the incident occured. a perfect day on the water caught some fish. then watched a guy launch his boat. i dont know how the error would happen but the guy backed all the way into the water the truck and boat were fully submerged. gas and oil were covering the water(wasn't pleasant in a raft) and the guy was in the car when it went under. someone broke the window out and got the guy to safety. meanwhile kids were still swimming in the water with the clueless parents(not caring parents) watched on. very sad. guy lost his whole setup to that lake. fire department showed up ambulances all the gig. shut the lake down, and has been closed ever since. that was like 2 weeks ago. suppose it would take a while to clean. hope they know how bad the creek below is contamiinated now. and the long lasting effect it will have on the ecosystem in that small area. anyways thats whats up. have a good day

F
fishy4
crazy though. at least the guy wasn't in the truck i was told diffrently. thanks for article i needed to back up what i was saying lol

D
Drew9870
Those were my buddies that lost the truck and small aluminum boat, some little hispanic kid went running in front of his vehicle and he had to slam on the brakes, when he did that, he let off the brake and tried to give it gas but the truck wasn't reacting in time.

People need to pay attention to their children, especially when your around water, that kid should have been right by a parents side.

Last edited:
S
Smokey McFisher
thanks to everyone for the info, that really sucks to hear that happened but am glad to hear no one was hurt at least. hope they are able to open it up again soon, just got a new kayak i wanted to try out that day only to find it closed :(

happy fishing
Smokey

M
Metz84
Just called Silverton City Hall and they said the Res is back open. But also remember that their charginig a $5 parking fee now.

F
fishy4
anyone know how the fishing has been? sure most fish are gone by now? anyone ever row into the creek on the far side? maybe some fish up in there?

M
Metz84
fishy4 said:
anyone know how the fishing has been? sure most fish are gone by now? anyone ever row into the creek on the far side? maybe some fish up in there?

Its been closed for awhile until now, but I went 2 weeks before it closed and caught 8. Ive always had a lot of success here.

Last edited:
F
fishy4
me too for sure. i have always wanted to fish that creek up there maybe going to give that a try. do u bank fish or out of a boat?

M
Metz84
fishy4 said:
me too for sure. i have always wanted to fish that creek up there maybe going to give that a try. do u bank fish or out of a boat?

I bank fish mostly their. Ive had a lot of success using power eggs off the bottom and kastmasters.