Siltcoos

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
We will get at least 3 inches, next week looks good but I still have to shoot a buck, anyone got a nice deer on their land they want rid of so I can go fishing?:)

J
JeannaJigs
Drove over the bridge tonight and water was moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Time to feesh in the rain!

G
getsdwyz
Dams not open yet . I think the river was moving because high tide was 8.2 and drop to minus 1.1 the lake has gained another inch so far today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Sunday 10 am: just one fish jumping at Lodgepole, water moving but just the tide going out, my conclusion is the lake is perhaps up another inch or two...probably some fish moving in but I don't think the dam flow has increased yet...maybe Monday...roger

G
getsdwyz
Fished the lake today real slow caught 2 src. Marked one big fish halfway down booth island . Lakes up over 7'5"

G
Gary W
could you tell us how you were rigged for trolling and how deep you were?

G
getsdwyz
The dam is officially open they opened it up this morning and it still flowing. Have not marked any fish yet in the lake I am told that there were some smaller Coho's caught this morning at tyee campground

N
nwdunerider
My friends picked up a hen and 2 jacks yesterday on purple Blue foxes

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nwdunerider said:
My friends picked up a hen and 2 jacks yesterday on purple Blue foxes

those would be some of the first caught, I know of just 1 caught up the Maple Creek Arm on Wednesday by one of the local experts...we fished the west shoreline for 6 hours Wed. and none were hooked while we were out there, actually not even any jumps or rolls again, dam is just being opened and closed slightly this week to clear some debris, water level still too low...roger

B
billfisher
Slow for us, tried west bank then maple, then spent the rest of the day between Ada and reed island where we marked a few.

Caught some trout and 2 SRC. Nothing rolling and Didn't see any hookups. The local resident said he heard of 4 caught. Sure was a nice day on the water though!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
8am Thursday, in a heavy downpour, I didn't see any fish activity below the dam, at Tyee, or at the outlet. the river is moving and lake level has dropped perhaps half a foot but unlike previous years, just not seeing the fish coming up the river...

S
steelhead_stalkers
I'm afraid that there will not be many coho this year. I know most are hoping but there are not good numbers of coho anywhere so the lakes won't be any better. I would target Chinook, they are everywhere!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
steelhead_stalkers said:
I'm afraid that there will not be many coho this year. I know most are hoping but there are not good numbers of coho anywhere so the lakes won't be any better. I would target Chinook, they are everywhere!

I am delaying any conclusions on the lake coho runs until the end of December.

G
getsdwyz
I agree with you Roger at least we need to get a few good tides with the dam open.this week the dams been open but the tides have been week

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
I fished Tyee yesterday afternoon one rolled in front of me it looked not huge maybe 7 or 8 lbs, heard of 2 jacks caught and one nice one under the bridge! Seems they are pulsing the dam at intervals one time its flowing then it slows down.

N
nwdunerider
4 of us trolled all day and we caught 1 jack and 6 SRC

K
killigan
Hello, I went fishing at Siltcoos Lake on Friday 11-6-15 and wanted to mention that the public boat ramp down Pacific Ave. was closed for some repaving repair of the ramp. We had to go down to Darling's Marina to put in. I just wanted to let people know because ramp access/parking is limited, not to mention depending on the size of your craft putting in may be tricky. Fishing was slow, we caught our limit of Jacks and released 4 more, but no adult coho in our box. Saw one adult coho caught around Booth Island , they were casting spinners to the toolie weeds and retrieving. We had our luck with wiggle warts trolled at 2mph.
Tight lines,
-killigan

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
killigan said:
Hello, I went fishing at Siltcoos Lake on Friday 11-6-15 and wanted to mention that the public boat ramp down Pacific Ave. was closed for some repaving repair of the ramp. We had to go down to Darling's Marina to put in. I just wanted to let people know because ramp access/parking is limited, not to mention depending on the size of your craft putting in may be tricky. Fishing was slow, we caught our limit of Jacks and released 4 more, but no adult coho in our box. Saw one adult coho caught around Booth Island , they were casting spinners to the toolie weeds and retrieving. We had our luck with wiggle warts trolled at 2mph.
Tight lines,
-killigan

that is a lot of jacks which would be good news for next years run...did you also catch any searun cutthroats?

I fished Sunday in the heavy rain and could not find any coho near the outlet/Fish Mill Lodge/west shore area, I did grab another 15" SRC on my #4 black spinner...roger

G
getsdwyz
Still no coho for me been fishing all week I did pick this rainbow yesterday

cf35f31b7ddb6b63573991e6df79b840.jpg