Siltcoos 11-11-2010

T

Thuggin4Life

So tom took me up on a guided trip and towed my boat out to siltcoos. Almost drove past the lake. Was able to launch in the "dark" and we made it to the killing grounds right before lights out. first pass toms rod gets slammed. Bright 9lb hen! So i keep playing the roll of captian for awhile with no luck. said hi to jeanna as she showed up to get some ink on the tag and decided to have tom captain the boat for a bit. Ended up using his lucky lure and bam! Right at the end of a pass i finally get the feeling of something bigger than a jack or a trout. Most fight out of any of the fish i have boated in the last few years. Was just ripping line and after a few runs we get her in the net. 12lb bright hen! Headed out slightly after 9 with a full limit in search of some siuslaw crabs. spent the rest of the day catching 6 keepers. and then running the boat across the river after we almost had it loaded to rescue a lost muchroom pick talking to another guy on a cell phone who recruited my boat for the s and r. found him and he was much appreciative. head back towards home as it was getting dark. so the count is 6 trips 8 fish!

Pictures don't do the fish justice. sun was coming out making it hard to see and the lense had some moisture on it.

Attachments

• DSCI2970.jpg
    DSCI2970.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCI2968.jpg
    DSCI2968.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

Nice jobs guys. What a great day! And I tip my hat to you, for your search & rescue efforts!!!

J

Johnny Southpaw

Nice fish! Way to go on the successful S & R!

B

bigsteel

awesome job andy,,,man you got that fishery dialed in bro

X

xltom

Jeez Andy, That trip was like driving to the coast to pick up some fish....I mean: I drove for an hour and a half, threw my lucky lure in the water and....FISH ON!!!!! LIMIT!!!!!Good thing we had plans to go crabbing too or we would have been back in town by 11:30am...

Q

qwapaw

So how did Jiggs do. We need all the pics we can get from you Siltcoos fisher persons. See I can be PC too. Tight Lines, Dan:)

J

JeannaJigs

Andy, damn, it's about time LOL.

Qwapaw, I got one yesterday too, 12# 29" hen.

C

Chrome_Chaser

Good job Andy, sounds like a lot of fish in there now.

T

Thuggin4Life

Thanks not too sure about the amounts in the lake but my boat has been very lucky. deffinantly in the running for most fish to trip ratio on the lake this year. and for sure on the freshest. see a lot of reds going in coolers.

N

nwdunerider

My boat is one for one so far at Siltcoos. But bummer I can't go tomorrow. Sunday for sure. Anybody tried Tahkenitch yet ?

C

cocovi

Wow so great job ! Well done !

H

Hawk

Y'all have been doing reel good catching, bro's/sis's.
Reel beauties thar...
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

Has Kiska been fishing too? Haven't seen any pics of her lately:(
:)

T

Thuggin4Life

no she hasn't been out much much. dont like having a drowned rat the size of a dog on board for a day of fishing.

N

nwdunerider

Went to Siltcoos on sunday. Lots of boats but where are the fish. I had on one for a minute but he spit the hook right in my face . Was Kind of raining so we left about 10:30 didn't see any one else catch one and there was not many rising. Has any one been to Tackenitch yet ?

N

nwdunerider

Tahkenitch Report ! Today we caught 3 so the fish are in and this rain comming up should get the creek really flowing. sorry no pics

Top Bottom