Siletz river

K
Kodiak
They are ok, cheap but there is better. This time of year I would run the mini extream in chart. green and nickle. Rember, this river fishes sloooowwww. 0.8 mph is almost too fast. While you are there I recomend stopping in chinook bend's bait shop. Pick up some TCO spinners while you are there. The colors they carry are hand picked by myself specifically for this time of year on that river. Good luck and tell Ralph and Jon I said hello.

L
luv2fish
i'll be there at coyote rock this september 7 with my wife and kids....stay there in one of their cabins for 2 days and hopefully will get into some big nooks....i've rented cabin on siletz before and got a bad skunk.. well i guess the time of year...i was there in last week of july...hooked in a big steely which popped my hook out ...above moonshine park.

K
Kodiak
luv2fish said:
i'll be there at coyote rock this september 7 with my wife and kids....stay there in one of their cabins for 2 days and hopefully will get into some big nooks....i've rented cabin on siletz before and got a bad skunk.. well i guess the time of year...i was there in last week of july...hooked in a big steely which popped my hook out ...above moonshine park.

If you need a Siletz guide.... for I don't know maybe I don't know..lets say an open seat don't hesitate to let me know.

W
wormosa
luv2fish said:

definetly later for the chinooks, my buddy owns a place in ballard acres so i can go there a lot and anytime, i am so fortunate...i plan on being there a lot in the ending of august and a lot in the first 2 weeks of sept., i am going to get a few salmon this year, the freezer is empty lol

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
They are ok, cheap but there is better. This time of year I would run the mini extream in chart. green and nickle. Rember, this river fishes sloooowwww. 0.8 mph is almost too fast. While you are there I recomend stopping in chinook bend's bait shop. Pick up some TCO spinners while you are there. The colors they carry are hand picked by myself specifically for this time of year on that river. Good luck and tell Ralph and Jon I said hello.

no comment i will keep my comments to myself on this one... have a good day

W
wormosa
anyone have a report on the river and if catching has gotten any better?

M
masmith
wormosa said:
anyone have a report on the river and if catching has gotten any better?

I know a guide out there, but he is over $100. Let me know if you want his info.

J
Jacks Tackle
I know some bobber guides that got into a bite last week but I dont think the bite held up. Now that we have some rain, trolling spinners or herring should produce in the upper tide water areas as ther fish will be on the move. Trolling will help you cover more water to find the fish!

RB

W
wormosa
naw i know the river fairly well, i fished it for the last 6 yrs, i want to know of the fish are biting better is all...thanks though

J
Johnny Southpaw
Not sure about lower river but I fished the gorge last weekend, hooked into a salmon and a summer but both failed to make it to the bank. water was off color, lots of debris (leaves, etc.) so not ideal water but still possible to hookup. waiting for a big rain to flush all that crap out and get the fish ON THE MOVE!

A
autofisher
Supposedly.....

Supposedly.....

Supposedly there's going to be a decent rain system moving in on the first part of next week. Of course you have a better shot of sleeping with a playboy bunny than you do of being able to predict the weather here in Oregon. I haven't heard of anything really being on fire over towards the coast. The Salmon has fish in it, bright and dark jumpin all over the place, but the bite is no where near on. The Nestucca from what I've heard, hasn't had a fish pulled out of the tidewater in about a week. I've heard the same for the tidewater of the Siletz too. They've pulled a few fish out a day, but it's not fast and furious. Hopefully with this next system of rain, all the fish pooled up outside the rivers will get a wild hair and shoot upstream

W
wormosa
autofisher said:
Supposedly there's going to be a decent rain system moving in on the first part of next week. Of course you have a better shot of sleeping with a playboy bunny than you do of being able to predict the weather here in Oregon. I haven't heard of anything really being on fire over towards the coast. The Salmon has fish in it, bright and dark jumpin all over the place, but the bite is no where near on. The Nestucca from what I've heard, hasn't had a fish pulled out of the tidewater in about a week. I've heard the same for the tidewater of the Siletz too. They've pulled a few fish out a day, but it's not fast and furious. Hopefully with this next system of rain, all the fish pooled up outside the rivers will get a wild hair and shoot upstream
thanks for the info auto

K
Kodiak
Hey bro, The siletz is pretty much a dead subject this year. talked to some of the guys I know, fish that came in are already sprinting into the river, and not many left to come in. i would hit the nestucca or the salmon...those nook runs are yet to happen are stacked outside the jaws and should be moving in after the rains this week.:D

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
Hey bro, The siletz is pretty much a dead subject this year. talked to some of the guys I know, fish that came in are already sprinting into the river, and not many left to come in. i would hit the nestucca or the salmon...those nook runs are yet to happen are stacked outside the jaws and should be moving in after the rains this week.:D
hey thanks bro, i had my mind made up i was going to the siletz in the morning and so glad i checked this out....thanks again...

S
steelhead1
siletz report

siletz report

spent the day in the gorge,water is low and black,lotsa spawners and cutties,still some summers that could be enticed onto a jig.heres some pics:D

Last edited by a moderator: