Shrimping on the oregon coast?

M
micah_man1
0
I've seen the regs for shrimp in the ODFW booklet, but have never known anyone to catch shrimp off of the Oregon coast.:confused::confused: Anybody know where/when/how to catch shrimp?
 
+1, I'm interested to know as well.
 
micah_man1 said:
I've seen the regs for shrimp in the ODFW booklet, but have never known anyone to catch shrimp off of the Oregon coast.:confused::confused: Anybody know where/when/how to catch shrimp?

I have a friend who used to SCUBA and catch them... and I've caught them in the surf now and again... I keep meaning to take out some minnow traps to lay out for shrimp...
 
Great idea using the minnow trap. I'll have to give that a try next time I'm fishing over there. Any suggestions for bait?
 

Doesn't sound encouraging for recreational shrimping. I wouldn't quit on the idea, but it sounds like shrimp like deep water where it's dark and cold.
Mike
 
Bait, I dunno but shrimp are omnivorous scavengers... fish meal balls are popular down south...
 

Similar threads

P
Replies
1
Views
610
cchinook
C
S
Replies
4
Views
7K
Chromatose
C
A
Replies
3
Views
2K
jamisonace
jamisonace
J
Replies
5
Views
5K
bass
bass
Back
Top Bottom