Sevylor Fish Hunter

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I felt the same way about the Bucks Bags... Not thought out very well. I mean plastic oar locks? You've got to be kidding me..
Mine originally came with the same back end but I fabricated something different so I could haul more gear. Padded seats are really nice when you hit the 9th or 10th hour on the water. I think the FL 9 has seven foot oars instead of 6 like they used to have. I bought 7s and they are great.
So tell us :cool::cool: What have you decided on?

C
Combat Chuck
Not a fish hunter :shock: haha
I thought I'd be cool like graphite zen and get a 9' Fish Cat.

Heres the frame, I havent had the maiden voyage yet, have to wait till Saturday for that. I will get better pics then.

C
Combat Chuck
Came with 7' oars, padded seat, motor mount, cargo deck and cup hol.... wait NO CUP HOLDERS! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FISH WITHOUT CUP HOLDERS! I dont know about this decision now. :lol:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
hahah nice job. Congratulations! Yeah the new 9' Fishcats are supposedly where it's at. Like you said the pontoons are improved so they pass more water and it looks to me that the frame is a little slimmer so it's probably lighter. If you need a cup holder Sportsman's warehouse sells bags with a cup holder on each end.

Also, that little net that's off the side.... Span it under your legs right in front of the seat. You won't regret it when you lose your grip on a set of pliers, plus it's handy place to hold a fish while you take the hook out :D

Also, what are the oar locks secured by?

Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
Also, what are the oar locks secured by?

You mean the split rings underneath? I will eventually replace those with hinge pins (I think thats what they are called). I dont think its lighter... at least by much. That thing is a beast to get to my upstairs apartment.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Combat Chuck said:
That thing is a beast to get to my upstairs apartment.

hahaha It gets lighter after a while but not by much :lol::lol:

Do you mean cotter pins? Let me know when you want to float down the Willamette :dance::dance:

Troutski
Troutski
Combat Chuck said:
You mean the split rings underneath? I will eventually replace those with hinge pins (I think thats what they are called). I dont think its lighter... at least by much. That thing is a beast to get to my upstairs apartment.

I used a pair of shower curtain holders, those light bulb shaped thingamabobs holding up your shower curtain to keep the oars locks from popping out.

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I used two cotter pins for each lock. They are handy because you can hang little chains from them and keep your clippers, floatant, line holder etc right there and out of the way.

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
Let me know when you want to float down the Willamette :dance::dance:

Gonna have to give me a little time to learn in the ponds... then those fish are gonna fear our Toon Gang! :cool::lol:

Troutski
Troutski
Combat Chuck said:
Gonna have to give me a little time to learn in the ponds... then those fish are gonna fear our Toon Gang! :cool::lol:

DVD - I have a DVD from a drift boat company that teaches you the dos and don't s on the river...if you would like to borrow it let me know through pm and we can set it up. It has a ton of great advice...from a professional. Just a thought..

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Combat Chuck said:

hahah no kidding! Cmon people we need a fleet. Troutski you in?

C
Combat Chuck
We could all get Jolly Roger flags! :cool: haha oh yeah!!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I already have one hahaha I used to fly it on the coast but I lost the mount when I changed my frame :D:D

Troutski
Troutski
I would be interested...

I would be interested...

GraphiteZen said:
hahah no kidding! Cmon people we need a fleet. Troutski you in?

I would be very interested in a Willy float. What section were you thinking of ?

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I floated from Corvallis to Hyak Park once. That was pretty fun. Lot of slack water though. I think a float from Hyak to Albany would be a blast. Never floated it, but I do go down about 3/4 of a mile to fish a GREAT bass slough and row back up. I think to continue to Albany would be great. But park the cars at the park on the far side of the river, not next to the highway. Too much crime.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Well drat! Looks like it's going to rain this weekend. You didn't buy any rain gear up at Sportsman's did you? :cool:

Troutski
Troutski
GraphiteZen said:
Well drat! Looks like it's going to rain this weekend. You didn't buy any rain gear up at Sportsman's did you? :cool:

I have to work this weekend, I would need a little more notice to make the trip....I do have some nice rain gear, rain will never keep me from the trip. But $ will....:D

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
So CombatChuck you going out tomorrow or what?

C
Combat Chuck
gonna postpone it... Im not feeling great plus the weather is gonna suck so ill just stay home, get my gear ready, watch south park and play video games all day long;) I havent played my games in forever, they feel neglected :D Which I am completely ok with... Im enjoying working full time so that I can afford to drive and fish. Im thinking hit up Bond Butte pond Sunday (no crowd, I can get everything set up and figured out) then something else monday.

Troutski
Troutski
Smith res.

Smith res.

Combat Chuck said:
gonna postpone it... Im not feeling great plus the weather is gonna suck so ill just stay home, get my gear ready, watch south park and play video games all day long;) I havent played my games in forever, they feel neglected :D Which I am completely ok with... Im enjoying working full time so that I can afford to drive and fish. Im thinking hit up Bond Butte pond Sunday (no crowd, I can get everything set up and figured out) then something else monday.

I am going to Smith Res. on Tuesday with Specreck you should join us...great place to break in a new - anything......you won't have to worry about the fast moving water....bring up your floatation device and it is fish on.

Chuck