Secret coastal river?

S
SALTYFISH
Finally got to do a drift on a friday and well. We went 2 for 3 the first fish was a dime bright hatchery that spit the hook after a couple min battle. Then this little wild buck that had more fight than any other fish I DSC00334.JPGDSC00333.JPG have caught this winter. Then One more hatchery to finish the day..Hope everybody catches lots of fish in March:)

U
Username
nice catch. looks a bit cold.

P
plumb2fish
Nice fish, Man there are a bunch of pictures on the forum of this secret river....by the looks of all the fish it has given up so far, I need to coax a blindfolded trip out of one of you in the know.....LOL

S
Santiam338
You guys look familiar...I am sure you floated by me today.. :D.We went 3 for 5 on that secret river..

All nates...One bruiser..

Congrats

S
Steelheader4Life
Looks like a secret river to me...HAHAHA!! I plan on having a double digit day on that river tomorrow...I hate to have such high expectations but we have been lighting em up on that river the past couple weeks and it's only going to get better. A lot of boats out today? I imagine tomorrow will be worse but I always manage to find some fish.

S
Santiam338
There was a lot of boats today...Seemed like they just kept coming around the corner...LOL

S
Steelheader4Life
Santiam338 said:
There was a lot of boats today...Seemed like they just kept coming around the corner...LOL

Yeah...makes me want to just bank it up high when it's like that. But I'm taking my nephews out tomorrow and they want a fin clipper so I'll have to put up with the parade on the river. Nice fish by the way saltyfish!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Steelheader4Life said:
Yeah...makes me want to just bank it up high when it's like that. But I'm taking my nephews out tomorrow and they want a fin clipper so I'll have to put up with the parade on the river. Nice fish by the way saltyfish!!

ill be camping up high next week possibly.. ill stay away from the madness :lol: nice fish saltyfish..

S
SALTYFISH
Santiam338 said:
You guys look familiar...I am sure you floated by me today.. :D.We went 3 for 5 on that secret river..

All nates...One bruiser..

Congrats

Two tone River Wolf thats us. And yes there were a lot of boats for a friday. Seemed like most people had a couple hatchery fish though.

S
SALTYFISH
Steelheader4Life said:
Looks like a secret river to me...HAHAHA!! I plan on having a double digit day on that river tomorrow...I hate to have such high expectations but we have been lighting em up on that river the past couple weeks and it's only going to get better. A lot of boats out today? I imagine tomorrow will be worse but I always manage to find some fish.

Well if any body will have a double digit day it will be you and your bro. Yes there were a **** load of boats. We did not touch any fish with yarnnies/glowbugs, Then we switched to eggs.

S
SALTYFISH
I will be waiting for your report steelheader4life...

S
Santiam338
All nates for us...One we lost I think was clipped,bit got off before we had a better look..

I remember a Riverwolf going by..

This is my boat..I have added a couple decals since this pic...Rouge Rods and such..

IMG_0002.jpg

S
SALTYFISH
Santiam338 said:
All nates for us...One we lost I think was clipped,bit got off before we had a better look..

I remember a Riverwolf going by..

This is my boat..I have added a couple decals since this pic...Rouge Rods and such..

IMG_0002.jpg

We will have to do a float together some time.

S
Steelheader4Life
SALTYFISH said:
I will be waiting for your report steelheader4life...

I wasn't gonna report anything but you asked for it saltyfish. LOL! Both Saturday and Sunday we took our nephews out to get them their first steelies and oh man did we succeed!! We went 3 for 10 on Saturday with 2 nates and one hatch that we released cause she looked like she already spit her eggs. All of the fish were extremely hot and it was awesome watching my nephews faces light up when line started screaming off their reels. Today was a little slower but we still managed to go 3 for 7 and both our nephews got to bring home a beautiful fin clipped hen. I didn't land one fish all weekend but it was the best weekend of fishing I've had all winter!!

S
Steelheader4Life
SALTYFISH said:
Well if any body will have a double digit day it will be you and your bro. Yes there were a **** load of boats. We did not touch any fish with yarnnies/glowbugs, Then we switched to eggs.

Try using a steelhead orange yarnie with some eggs...an absolutely killer combo on that river!

S
Santiam338
If the forecasts are correct I will try and hit the drop Wensday...Lets hope they are correct. Will try that orange yarnie...Been using a combo pink,red with a touch of white...