Scored a nice one

F
fishinshawn
I took my inflatable out on tenmile lake yesterday evening, for about an hour or so. First time using it, and I scored a little cut throat and a really nice rainbow. I caught them both just letting the wind push me parallel with the shore drifting a nightcrawler. The rainbow measured a whopping 18"x11" it had been feeding heavily on some sort of snails. There were literally 100's of them in it's belly.

0530122043.jpg

for comparison that is a large dinner plate they are both on.

05301220422.jpg

S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done there!!! Nice fish and glad to see that you have a good and productive time on the water!! :clap:

-Spydey

P.S. Just out of curiosity, how big was the cuttie? :think:

J
jabs67
Awesome fish!!! Way to go!!!

E
eugene1
Nice big trout, did you get any pics of the snails?

P
PNW Sam
Holy crap that is one insanely fat fish!

troutdude
troutdude
Nicely done man. Nice FEESH. Trout...it's whats for supper!

I've done a lot of "wind trolling" too. The fish can't hear your boat/tube/toon. So, you don't spook 'em & it works like a charm.

S
sunsalem
troutdude said:
Nicely done man. Nice FEESH. Trout...it's whats for supper!
+1

I've done a lot of "wind trolling" too. The fish can't hear your boat/tube/toon. So, you don't spook 'em & it works like a charm.
I would love to be able to try that on Crane....LOL.
Hmmmm, I wonder if East would be a good place for drifting a worm....:think:

L
LuckyToBeFishing
Man, that's a monster. Great catch, Shawn.

F
fishinshawn
Thanks for the compliments guys, it was a blast to reel in both of those fish on my ultra light with 4lb line. That big rainbow made some good runs! I should have taken a picture of all the snails I squeezed out of it's stomach, but the wife was grossed out so I cleaned them up fast. I did find one that got left on the counter, here is a picture of it.
05311212231.jpg

C
cowboysfan
now thats what i call a football!:clap::clap::clap:

E
eugene1
fishinshawn said:
Thanks for the compliments guys, it was a blast to reel in both of those fish on my ultra light with 4lb line. That big rainbow made some good runs! I should have taken a picture of all the snails I squeezed out of it's stomach, but the wife was grossed out so I cleaned them up fast. I did find one that got left on the counter, here is a picture of it.
05311212231.jpg

Thanks for the pic, I was imagining some of the huge snails I find in the yard! I caught a summer steelhead that had some water snail shells in its stomach as well.