Saturday report June 15

S
Smellsfishy
Well, I must be doing something right. Took daughter and son out this time. Rental boat from the resort was equipped with a much-needed anchor, we were on the water by 0800. Rowed and rowed and rowed on over to a new spot I hadn't yet fished, but it looked good. The steady breeze out of the east (Wierd!) at 0900 made the anchor handy.

Caught a few, moved to another spot I liked the looks of. And then... 32 rainbows btwn the 3 of us in only 4 hrs! All c&r'd. 10 or so shook the hook at the boat. My son volunteered to row uphill back to the dock. Oh, and the kids were self-sufficient anglers...casting good, catching good (obviously) and even removing hooks and gently releasing. Whew... Even I got to catch a few. fun day. :)

R
rmadachik
sounds like you were fishing lost lake by Mt Hood. 32 Rainbows is a mighty fine haul!!!

S
Smellsfishy
Yup. That's the lake. Is there more than one Lost Lake in OR?

Yeah, it was very fun once we got on that spot, and every cast had all 3 of us hooked-up. :)

R
rmadachik
Yep - this thread is for the Lost Lake in Clatsop County in the coastal range. Not ure if there is a thread for the one near Hood though. Either way sounds like you had a great time.

T
troutmasta
The one on hood is in the Willamette Zone, Clatsop county in the Northwest Zone.

Eitherway what a Wonderfull Day!