Sandy River winter steelhead challenge!

C
champmclean570
Has anyone won yet? I haven't even wet my line yet. I'm waiting for conditions to get good so i can book my float. I picked Jack Glass to guide me and my brother-in-law.

B
bigboy70
hear really good things about jack and his son as well brandon glass.
ive been thinking about booking a trip but im stubborn and want to do it on my own first lol

good luck and tight lines

C
champmclean570
F that. I want to catch one. especially if i'm going to freeze my ass off.

S
setdahook
Went out today and hit various holes in Dodge and also checked out Danbey and Lewis and Clark. Threw everything I had in the box at 'em with no luck. It seemed to be the same thing with everyone else I talked to at all the holes - maybe a little early and need some rain.

What I wasn't excited to see was the property owner near the garbage hole extending their barb wire on the walk downstream to the next hole, which means squeezing through a tight space to get to the other hole. Quite a tight and awkward squeeze!

Doesn't seem like the Clack is doesn't much either so maybe we need some rain. Anyone else having luck?

C
champmclean570
I'm guessing I won't get out til almost February. I don't know much about the river yet and don't want to get over-anxious and go too early.

Didn't fill in for one fish on my license last year. Gotta improve on that number this year. Especially since my lifetime total is zero.

B
bigboy70

I'm in the same boat as you. They say the first one is always the hardest.

B
bigboy70
double post sorry

Last edited: