Sandy Coho's make front page!

M
metalfisher76
FishSchooler said:
That's thousands and thousands of cohos that have not laid eggs. And thats hundreds of thousands of smolts not put into the river.

UUM dude, they do the spawning, raising and releasing of the smolts. Kinda the hole reason for the hatcheries is to separate and keep them from naturally spawning with our natives. The same # of smolts are released every year. Predators during migration and ocean conditions play the biggest role in YOUR returns of these harvestable hatchery fish.
THEY ARE DOING A VERY GOOD THING .

B
buddah426
Troutier Bassier said:
Thats why I want to go to Siberia.
Imagina 52" Trout! TAIMEN! And the Chinook there must be like super huge!
forget siberia. lived in alaska for years and this is how it breaks down... average coho 18-22 lbs, average chinook 30-45 lbs., average bow in my honey hole 22" and have seen quite a few 40"+ but never had the pleasure of reeling one of those bad boys in. let me tell you that the best fight i've had the pleaser of is a 22lb coho coming out of the water like a little lake trout and stripping line. makes me hot and bothered just thinking about getting back up there...:shock:

T
Troutier Bassier
I think I know what they make the Fish Fillet Burgers at Mcdonalds out of... Cedar creek coho.

Hows the fishing at Cedar right now? Any reports?