Salmon in the Sandy?

J
jabs67
So i'm gonna hit the Sandy this weekend and was wondering if anybody could tell me if the run is ending or should there be more salmon heading into the river? Was thinking of going to the mouth. Thanks and have a great day!!!

D
dozer365
i was up there last week, and saw a lot of darker fish roll. i went up to oxbow though. best advice i can give is, fish. and fish hard. the fish counts are pretty low as of right now, but only way to catch one is to be fishing.

C
cchinook
sandy

sandy

After 2 epic coho seasons in a row , not one for me or my friends this year . Poor run , gill nets strung out at the mouth , who knows . Some think they are late , I think that it was over early on , hope I am wrong .

S
skunk
Part of me wants to say early, but I hope its late so I can ink some. Without rain though it may all be over.

W
waco
They are there!!

A
alm21
The dark fish you see rolling at Oxbow will be the spawned out Chinook. I wouldn't fish the mouth but rather target higher up in the system (but expect to fish next to people). Despite being an optimist, I don't think it's a late run on the Sandy. I think it's just not as good as the last two years as they have been in the river since Sept.

Edit: Take my advice with a grain of salt because I've been carrying the skunk scarf around.

Last edited:
D
dozer365
i agree i think they were late nook's rollin'. and we had coho in the clack in september, but nothing now. they are higher up now, and i hope the run is late maybe two smaller runs. i honestly dont know. but id like a fish. that i do know