salmon 2011

S
specreck
Finally got to implement my new technique on salmon and steelhead fishing. Wait for somebody to leave their spot where they have not had any bites or seen anybody catch any fish and then stand where they were standing and nail a fish. At least that's how it worked tonight with this chinook. From what I've seen the fishing has slowed quite a bit around the damn this week with the previous weeks people doing real well. I know there are good numbers of fish in both local rivers right now but the water levels have been fluctuating quite a bit lately. Tonight I used a number 6 hook with tiny amount of orange yarn and sparkle orange coorkie. I have been having better luck going with the less is more pattern. Just a single red or pink bead has been working good as well. McKenzie water levels were back to normal today, I've herd that the bite has been picking up around 9-11am, orange seems to be the ticket with white, orange, or black yarn.
Good luck to all.

• salmon 2.jpg
  • salmon3.jpg
T
Thuggin4Life
theres no fish in the slaw! Me TT and my buddy seen several caught in the am on outgoing tide. we went 2 for 3 today. Both about 18lbs or so. Mine had double prizes. Fished from 6 till 2ish. had a blast even with 3 guys in my boat being hella slow and the normal afternnon coastal wind. You deffinantly would know it was a holiday weekend if you somehow forgot if you were on the ater today.

Last edited:
P
plumb2fish
Lee on the Slaw.jpgMe on the Slaw.jpg
Fished the Siuslaw this AM with my buddy Lee. We limited in less than an hour and each got a bonus jack.....Siuslaw fish liked my brine too:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Raincatcher
P
plumb2fish
Slaw was not as fruitful today, may have had to do with the fact that there were more boat on the water today than I have ever seen....That being said, we got 2 chances, fish 1, fishermen 1....only second trip in my plastic tub this year....Buddy got his first salmon so all in all it was a pretty sucessful day...Strunkster.jpg
My other buddy was 2-3 with a couple nice hens....
Pretty sure I saw NWkiller and crew on the water, maybe they will have a report ....
Gonna give er hell in the am with a crew of salmon noobs, hoping to make some happy memories for a few friends....:pray:

D
DB Crouper
We fished the Siuslaw today. Had two early( by 7:15) takedowns that didn't stick. At about 8:30 I caught this 18 pounder. At 8:45 my partner caught an 8 pound silver. Looked very promising. We fished until 2 PM without another bite. That's fishing!