Rod recommendation

M
Modest_Man
I ended up getting the Berkley air IM8 Buzz Ramsey. Got the medium action, 8'6" I think.

Got it at Cabela's for $44.99 from the "Bargain Cave". It's "used" but still has the stickers on it. Not too bad!

F
fishingfreak
Modest_Man said:
I ended up getting the Berkley air IM8 Buzz Ramsey. Got the medium action, 8'6" I think.

Got it at Cabela's for $44.99 from the "Bargain Cave". It's "used" but still has the stickers on it. Not too bad!

Thats a damn good deal man! you will have no problem with that pole. I have broke one but I was snagged under a rock, was pissed, and highsticked it and broke it.lol Nice thing was I took it back to Bimart explained my stupidity and they chuckled and replaced it no problem.

G
GMR
Now to get something nice on it to test it out.

M
Modest_Man
GMR said:
Now to get something nice on it to test it out.

Tuesday! I didn't even have to pay sales tax.

H
hawgslayer
Modest_Man said:

You will love it....I sure do mine !!!

C
Coho Kid
If you don't listen to FF and buy the SST 10.5' 6-12, then you might also check Bi-mart for their Lamiglas Cascade on sale 20% off. Normally a 139.00 rod. The only thing I've felt that's readily available in chain stores that makes me want to spend more money on another rod.

apparently I should read to the end of a thread before posting, but anyone else looking to upgrade should look at that Cascade.

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
Markcanby said:
The only thing beetter than SST would be stopping by Grigg outlet here in Canby. Just search it here on the forum to get all kinds of info.

thats your best bet.go see dave at Griggs in canby he has refurbished rods and you can get three rods for a 100 bucks killer deal for the price

R
rippin fish lips
kirkster said:
thats your best bet.go see dave at Griggs in canby he has refurbished rods and you can get three rods for a 100 bucks killer deal for the price

I just got a 1 piece Abu Garcia 6'6" Medium light action Rod for $35 I have had it for about 4 days and already caught 2 steelhead on it! Lots of trout, it bows over so nicely!! :D Got it at walmart to.