Rockfishing Report 2-22-11

A
Amberjack
We had 7 passengers today. The weather/ocean report did not look good. We called our customers the evening before informing of the possible cancellation. We would not know until the morning. Customers stated no problem and would still show in the am. Capt James looked at the weather report and drove to the jetties and called, "Might be possible"

Our anglers arrived in the office. Capt James explained ocean conditions and told them we could go out and look at it. Our office decided not charge the anglers until they came in if the trip went.

We departed, the bar was decent but out at the buoys it was a very ugly ocean with swells in the 16' range, not fun on a drift. The anglers called a no go and we came in. No charge to the anglers at all.

Sorry folks but we tried

J
JeannaJigs
Lol was fishing the jetty with a friend and we saw your boat go out! Gotta say think you were crazy and we thought we might be calling the coast guard. It was so rough! After getting pelted with hail and massive winds we called it a day. Horrible conditions.

A
Amberjack
JeannaJigs said:
Lol was fishing the jetty with a friend and we saw your boat go out! Gotta say think you were crazy and we thought we might be calling the coast guard. It was so rough! After getting pelted with hail and massive winds we called it a day. Horrible conditions.

Yeah but ya gotta try !!! You do any good at the jetty?

B
BobbiDollPDX
Amberjack said:
We had 7 passengers today. The weather/ocean report did not look good. We called our customers the evening before informing of the possible cancellation. We would not know until the morning. Customers stated no problem and would still show in the am. Capt James looked at the weather report and drove to the jetties and called, "Might be possible"

Our anglers arrived in the office. Capt James explained ocean conditions and told them we could go out and look at it. Our office decided not charge the anglers until they came in if the trip went.

We departed, the bar was decent but out at the buoys it was a very ugly ocean with swells in the 16' range, not fun on a drift. The anglers called a no go and we came in. No charge to the anglers at all.

Sorry folks but we tried

I haven't seen James since he got his own boat, I found out during that last Tuna trip I took with you guys last year. I can't wait to go out with "Captain James" but damn I think I am gonna miss having him on the deck.

Give him my best and tell him I'll be out there with him soon!

J
JeannaJigs
I got a lingcod very well disguised as a very angry crab that didn't appreciate being hooked and busted a ninja crab move with it's pincers that left me bleeding and defeated.

I think I'll stick to steelhead.

B
BobbiDollPDX
JeannaJigs said:
I got a lingcod very well disguised as a very angry crab that didn't appreciate being hooked and busted a ninja crab move with it's pincers that left me bleeding and defeated.

I think I'll stick to steelhead.

I do not touch live crabs. No way, no how. I would have beat it off with a rock.

J
JeannaJigs
I quickly learned that their little back legs are just as bad as their pincers. I did not know :| I was trying to shake it off like a girl and then gave up and had to pry it out...that was fun

A
Amberjack
BobbiDollPDX said:
I do not touch live crabs. No way, no how. I would have beat it off with a rock.

I will bet you $5 I can hypnotize a Dungee.