Riverside coho

H
HANKIII
How do you get to cross park from bowling alley ? Where abouts do you fish once you get there ?

C
Cracker
HANKIII said:
How do you get to cross park from bowling alley ? Where abouts do you fish once you get there ?
There is a path that travels along the lagoon that will take you along the south shore of the river. There is parking by the Gladstone DMV also. The first set of rapids below the High Rocks pool is a good place to start.

Last edited:
H
HANKIII
Thanks man

B
bigdog
youngbuck307 said:
why are people such smart A$$3$ for no reason.. cracker first off osmo's big thing is about always having them kick ass day why would you be fishing the clack for early coho when you can be on another river kicken ass...Yes fish will be in the system well befor you see them jumping but not enough to waist time on when you can have 20+fish days on anouter river...

So to all you new fisherman go where the fish are!!! have fun and enjoy yourself

and cracker/kirkstar you bot are new to this site joined aug of 09 and have a lil over 50 post

Your all new to the forum, who cares everyone was new at one time or another so instead of trying to talk crap or bash each other, get a long and go get some fish. Have helpfull info to share please do, but why try to talk down to each other to try to make yourself feel better. Lets fish people.

(youngbuck this wasn't directed at you, your post just happen to be the one I quoted)

A
adambomb
HANKIII said:

Or you can go past the bowling alley on Arlington, go two blocks past the four way at Portland Ave, then hang a right on Harvard and park there. The only downside is a VERY STEEP "trail" down to the water, but the payoff is being closer to the first two rapids downstream from High Rocks. I tried it today for a little bit but nothing biting.

F
Fishtopher
Dont listen to Bigdog. He dont know what he's talking about. And there's no fish at Riverside. Nope. They levitate from High Rocks all the way to the ol' Big Fish Hole.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Dont listen to Bigdog. He dont know what he's talking about. And there's no fish at Riverside. Nope. They levitate from High Rocks all the way to the ol' Big Fish Hole.

I thought they levitated from bowling alley to the fish hatch.

F
Fishtopher
From the way this morning went I think they just levitate past the bowling alley. I mean come on....40 minutes and 4 fish on....Maybe that guy that got thrown in the river just scared the fish away.:lol::lol:

V
VagrantAngler
I need to stop going to work so I can check out the Days of our Bowling Alley Hole. Seriously I can't help but laugh at some of the things I see down there

B
bigdog
Oh believe me this morning was a show that for sure. Not much of a bite this morning there but the fight was funny. Did get to see a kid land one though, everyone was cheering for him.

G
GDBrown
Fights at the alley????

Fights at the alley????

I'm not sure I understand today's fisherkids! I grew up wanting to catch fish because it took skill and luck. Not to mention I had a relaxing day on the water. I'm alway more at peace with myself after fishing.... If we get into fights and just get angry about not catching anything we are loosing the value of the pastime. If we are just after fish it is far cheaper to fish the Safeway Ilse The term combat fishing need not be taken so literally!!

:rolleyes:Relaaaxxxx,:rolleyes:

GD

F
Fishtopher
GDBrown said:
I'm not sure I understand today's fisherkids! I grew up wanting to catch fish because it took skill and luck. Not to mention I had a relaxing day on the water. I'm alway more at peace with myself after fishing.... If we get into fights and just get angry about not catching anything we are loosing the value of the pastime. If we are just after fish it is far cheaper to fish the Safeway Ilse The term combat fishing need not be taken so literally!!

:rolleyes:Relaaaxxxx,:rolleyes:

GD

Haha, GD, these were grown *** men. Anytime you put that many monkeys in a barrell theres gonna be one or two that dont like each other. You put those two fishing next to each other, and theres a problem. Happens at stores at Christmas time, happens at bars, happens at the end of football games. It happens. And Im pretty sure it happened 50-60 years ago too.

I for one know its way cheaper to catch fish at the bowling alley than safeway. But thats not the point. There ARE good people at some of these "combat" fishing holes. a lot more people on this forum fish there than post about it. Its not much different than an OFF fishing get together. Just a few more people. Throw in a few seedy folks, and it gets interesting. Thats all. If ya dont like the guy your fishin' by, then you move five people down, catch a fish, meet a new friend, and catch another fish. It is what you make of it I guess.

:)

M
metalfisher76
If I bought my fish...... wait there`s no way.....$10+ a lb??!! I should start selling it....lol

This stuff will happen anywhere. I fish where you only see 1 or 2 other people (most of the time). If you get to a hole before the next guy and you don`t fish the same way, you be the arsehole. You can tell by the tone, "any luck"? They just want to know if you caught "their" fish.

B
bigdog
I know what you are saying about the way they ask if you had any luck, have had that asked in that way manytimes. I laways look at it like this its public land and there are more then enough fish to be caught for everyone.

I don't mind going to combat holes once in a while but not a place I will fish all the time there is so much river out there. I do have to addmit that bank fishing is limited. Think that is the reason I like to sure the spots I go and find in hope that people will do the same so I can know about more places. Hint Hint.

A
adambomb
I'm gonna be working in the area tomorrow, and am going to stop by riverside after work and try out some new TCO's. Anybody care to join?