Rivers rising fast

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
not sure about other coastal rivers but Siuslaw just hit 'minor flood' stage at 2pm Monday and I think it will go higher based on rain we have been getting all day...

Flood warning just issued for many rivers:
Grays River near Rosburg affecting Wahkiakum County
Nehalem River near Foss affecting Clatsop and Tillamook Counties
Wilson River near Tillamook affecting Tillamook County
Trask River near Tillamook affecting Tillamook County
Siletz River at Siletz affecting Lincoln County
Alsea River Near Tidewater affecting Benton and Lincoln Counties
Siuslaw River near Mapleton affecting Lane County
 
Last edited by a moderator:
T
troutmasta
Portland is flooded. Hwy 99 is shut down near my house. The Wilson is going straight up.
 
S
sapo
Ya lots of local flooding, rivers rising..

Portland had 2.35" of rain today, which is the most we've ever had in one day in December and the most we've ever had in a calendar day! Cool stuff..rivers really blown out though!
 
Last edited:
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Steel come on in!
 
T
troutmasta
Just became officially the wettest single day in Portland history. Massive flooding around all the creeks and tributaries lots of houses damaged. It's crazy☔
 
hobster
hobster
troutmasta said:
Just became officially the wettest single day in Portland history. Massive flooding around all the creeks and tributaries lots of houses damaged. It's crazy☔

Wow! Setting records........... can't wait till they drop :thumb:
 
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
the record strength el nino seems to have arrived...
 
T
troutmasta
hobster said:
Wow! Setting records........... can't wait till they drop :thumb:

It'll be almost as epic as the loss the skins are about to get at the hands of a back up!
 
jamisonace
jamisonace
If they drop. haha It looks like high water for a long time. Might need to get used to fishing the Siuslaw at 10+!

I'm beating myself up because a buddy wanted to fish Saturday and I talked him into going away from the Siuslaw because it was at 7. We chose Siltcoos instead, which was a total bust. On the way, we noticed that the Slaw looked absolutely perfect.
 
hobster
hobster
troutmasta said:
It'll be almost as epic as the loss the skins are about to get at the hands of a back up!

Ha ha knew that was coming :bleh:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:
If they drop. haha It looks like high water for a long time. Might need to get used to fishing the Siuslaw at 10+!

I'm beating myself up because a buddy wanted to fish Saturday and I talked him into going away from the Siuslaw because it was at 7. We chose Siltcoos instead, which was a total bust. On the way, we noticed that the Slaw looked absolutely perfect.

Lol, yeah if they drop. Luckily the Slaw has a later run of steelies and we have plenty of time. Who knows what this winter has in store though.
 
T
TimberTodd
Looks like the Wilson is at moderate flood stage now. It will be interesting with the proposed rain over the next several days. There were several neighborhoods around work today that were flooded.
 
GoBlueFan
GoBlueFan
Slaw is flooding....but looks like a quick drop starting tomorrow. was thinking of jumping on the "toon" and doing a float from mapleton to the ocean tonight, Haha
 
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan said:
Slaw is flooding....but looks like a quick drop starting tomorrow. was thinking of jumping on the "toon" and doing a float from mapleton to the ocean tonight, Haha

you could probably do that during halftime and be back to see the 4th quarter...:D

if we get the heavy rain that is predicted tonight and even more Tuesday night, I would expect them to adjust their prediction real quick...
 
jamisonace
jamisonace
You might be able to do it down 126.

GoBlueFan said:
Slaw is flooding....but looks like a quick drop starting tomorrow. was thinking of jumping on the "toon" and doing a float from mapleton to the ocean tonight, Haha
 
J
JonT
hobster said:
Ha ha knew that was coming :bleh:

Yeah, but.....

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.32.11 PM.png
 
hobster
hobster
Don't tell me there is another Cowboys fan on here, i might have to leave the forum. That game was depressing, Boys back in the hunt in the NFC least.
 
S
steelhead_stalkers
So more poop floating down the streets in Portland than usual. That must suck. :D
 
T
troutmasta
^When I lived in Eugene there was literally a sign on my block that said, "no defecation on the street" so....^
 
C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
^When I lived in Eugene there was literally a sign on my block that said, "no defecation on the street" so....^

Yikes...they actually needed a sign for that? LOL
 

Similar threads

Q
Replies
7
Views
2K
fishtales
F
B
Replies
6
Views
1K
GMR
G
troutdude
Replies
11
Views
1K
rippin fish lips
R
Top Bottom