Rainier National Park

F
FishSchooler
Im heading up there at the end of the month and camping at the Ohanapecosh Campground, across the street from the river. This is great, except the Ohanapecosh river is a fly-fishing river and I only have spin-fishing gear. So I'm planning do drift fish or float some flies--this still counts as "fly fishing" right? I have no idea what flies to use either, so some advice to begin with would be great.
Some tricks with flies (on a spinning rod) would be awesome too

Thanks!

F
FishSchooler
Bump
Anyone?

O
OnTheFly
Hey Schooler. If it's fly fishing only it means with a fly rod only. If you happen to take one with you then try caddis, stimulators, or maybe an ant pattern. Good luck up there.

brandon4455
what jim said. :lol:

D
Drew9870
What if he were to make a few back casts with the spinning rod? Come on, you know we've all been there and done that little stunt .

M
Modest_Man
Hey Schooler. If it's fly fishing only it means with a fly rod only. If you happen to take one with you then try caddis, stimulators, or maybe an ant pattern. Good luck up there.

That's true in Oregon. I don't remember off the top of my head for Washington but I think they might have a different definition of "fly angling only". Unfortunately I can't access the WA regs PDF right now to check. I'm pretty sure they had a different definition, but it's been a few years.

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
Just read the Washington regs, it's only handi-capped fishermen that can fish with spin-gear.
Thanks for the clear-up/input!