Question about broken Berkley Buzz Ramsey IM8

T
Troutier Bassier
haha, Tips are delicate. I was fishing for trout and hooked a nice fatty, as I was bringing it to shore it spit the hook and my 1/4oz weight came back and hit the tip of the rod perfectly at 20mph.
Goodbye XMG50

H
halibuthitman
yeah, the titanic sank, the space shuttle blew up, Dale Earnhart crashed and Jesus christ was murdered... what the **** do people expect of a thin walled piece of graphite?

T
the_intimidator03
lmao HH, thats funny even being an Earnhardt fan, But yes a lot of people dont understand the material being used and how they are affected by other outside influences such as nicks, abrasions, or even pressure.

O
OnSafari
I took it back to the store for advise and ended up purchasing an 8'6" Medium action NorthRiver. The store rep. was very confident when giving me information and gave me some tips on how not to get the tip snapped. The line I was using (spider wire 20 " test invisaline) is prone to wrapping around the tip and line guides. After reading everyones posts. I stepped back and thought about it. It seems I let my frustration get the better of me. but darn it.... Geeze. I am getting frustrated. It's not like i give up. I stick it out in 30 degree weather, snow, hail, rain, 1 warmish day. And not a darn thing to show for it. Hope to get my first fish soon :)