PVC pipe jetty fishing

B
beaverfan
See that's why I'm using bamboo. I have gotten in it my hair and I had to cut it out.

B
Born2Fish55
beaverfan said:
See that's why I'm using bamboo. I have gotten in it my hair and I had to cut it out.

That's what I think I am going to end up doing... if it was not so freakin' funny when it happened, I think I would have cried!!!!

Good news however.... the piece of 'filled' pipe is still light, hard as a rock and once cleaned up a little, looks like it will work fine....

however, I need two or three filled to see if it works right...

F
fish_4_all
Well the best advice is to put a lot less in. I didn't have the problem but I used a much larger piece and wider piece when I did it. I would think that maybe a 2-3 second squirt is gonna be plenty to fill an 8 foot section. I bet it only took 4-5 seconds to fill the big tube I did.

Live and learn, can't laugh because I have had the stuff coming out the walls in places I didn't know need sealing but I didn't get it on myself or anything but the wall.

A
Anyfishisfine
Born2Fish55 said:
:naughty: Well now....that was DUMB!!!
Okay... DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING!!!!
:shock:
I managed to jam a ball into the bottom end of 8' length of PVC pipe, right up tight against the female fitting that I had glued on to it! I then drilled a 1/4" hole in it and pushed a thick straw through it that allowed a long piece of rubber tube to go through and reach the other end of the eight foot tube. I placed another ball in that end and drilled a 1/16 hole through it... I then pressure fit and glued a male fitting on that end, making a firm solid seal at both ends.
:confused:
THEN the problem began.... I filled the whole tube with expandable foam.... and well it expanded....the seals held, but I ended up with expandable foam spraying out both ends like you would not believe... it was like one on those cans of 'Silly string'.... I now have dried, smeared clumps of foam everywhere in my garage and driveway... un-freakin' believable!!!
It went everywhere and then some..... And to add insult to injury.... the piece of rubber hose I used that was still attached to the can... well it kept expanding too.... if there is a place that this crap should not be, well it is now!!!

okay, back to the drawing board!!!!

:rolleyes:
p.s. have you ever tried to get expanded foam out of your hair?!?!?!:think:

Rule #1 - think out ALL of what may happen...

:lol: If it had happened to someone else I'd be rolling on the floor.... "it is everywhere... I had to drag the stupid thing out of the garage, praying that it didn't spray my fishing gear or lures:pray:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

laughing... so... hard right now.

B
Born2Fish55
fish_4_all said:
Well the best advice is to put a lot less in. I didn't have the problem but I used a much larger piece and wider piece when I did it. I would think that maybe a 2-3 second squirt is gonna be plenty to fill an 8 foot section. I bet it only took 4-5 seconds to fill the big tube I did.

Live and learn, can't laugh because I have had the stuff coming out the walls in places I didn't know need sealing but I didn't get it on myself or anything but the wall.

My thoughts were to make a lightweight easy to handle pole that would have a decent structural support to shove into this holes and such.....
I ASSUMED that I was filling it okay... I had the tube all the way in, hit the trigger, heard it start filling, slowly slid it out of the tube as it filled and stuck a little 'cork' in the hole the tube came out of.... went to put the rubber tube into a 'prepared' box.... whole operation took maybe 8 -10 seconds.... I had the ball sealed in tight so I knew they wouldn't come out.
That's about the time I felt the 'globs o-goop' landing on me. I looked back to see the foam squirting out of the uncapped end that I left open to 'vent' the excess from..... the rest as they say, "is history" as the 'cork' popped out of the other end and started spraying too! In the mean time, the rubber tube had goop coming out of it still... maybe a cup worth....
But the stupid little PVC just pressurized itself and I grabbed it and ran out of the garage door with it. Looking back, it was and still is funny! The whole scenerio took maybe 25 - 30 seconds tops... but what a mess! I think the little balls I used kept the inside foam from setting up correctly and quickly.