Pontoon seat

N
nimzrock
I have a 9 foot rivendell pontoon and want to upgrade the seat. I will be looking for an extention for more height as well as a nice padded seat. Any skippers out there to help in my search (where do I look) without suffering severe a wallet hemorage.
Thanx and Tight lines - Nimz :cool:

H
Hawk
nimzrock said:
I have a 9 foot rivendell pontoon and want to upgrade the seat. I will be looking for an extention for more height as well as a nice padded seat. Any skippers out there to help in my search (where do I look) without suffering severe a wallet hemorage.
Thanx and Tight lines - Nimz :cool:

Welcome to the Family Brother....................:D

I think Brothers- Troutski, Graphite Zen, Ninja have some pretty comfortable raised seats on their toons.......................:D

B
Bumfish
Swivel Seat- DO NOT USE

Swivel Seat- DO NOT USE

I just put a swivel under my seat on my Bucks Bag - Southfork and DO NOT DO THIS. I got this idea on this forum and thought it would be great to be able to swivel during fishing. This was a mistake. Since I wear fins to maneuver, if you want to change direction the seat would swivel and not the pontoon. Take my advise, do NOT put a swivel on the seat.

C
Combat Chuck
If you row or use a trolling motor the swivel works great. I can see how it would mess up the fins.

Last edited:
B
Bumfish
I could not agree more.

While rowing I was amazed how much the swivel helped. BUT, if you have fins in the water, the only way to change direction is to us the fins and if the fins go one way the butt, and the boat, go the other. So, if you are using the pontoon for lakes, take note, skip the swivel. If you are using the pontoon in rivers, swivel works good.

N
ninja2010
totally... finning requires your butt to be the main contact with the toon, so swivel seats would not work as the thrust would spin you all over the place instead of pushing the toon.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Seat "anchor"

Seat "anchor"

So,if you drilled a hole in the base and the swivel section and then used a spring loaded pin to snap them together,so to speak,would that help? Then you could keep the swivel and have it stationary when you use your fins. Just an idea.
Be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
I <3 my swivel seat. But I hate fins, so it's all gravy :D

I got mine at Joes for like 30 bucks in March before I took it on it's first adventure down the river trying to kill some chrome...it was an interesting trip to say the least, but the seat was awesome lol.