brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah, biggest fish and most fish.

S
sherman
No fish = fishing lessons lol

T
tomriker
lol that's a good idea FP we should have the person who catches 0 fishes out to my place and show em how it's done lol

brandon4455
brandon4455
just to remind everyone.. LESS THEN A WEEK!! :D

J
JeannaJigs
Man, I wish I was coming...but...mostly just to see my puppy haha just kidding. Kinda. Somewhat :) Give my puppy loves! Hope the weather holds for you guys (and for me too, think warm thoughts and send them to wickiup)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
What do we award the individual who falls in...? This many people, cmon it's bound to happen!!!

S
sherman
I'm ready. It's only monday & I have my fishing gear in the truck, my clothes, beverages & misc. stuff loaded in my camper. The trolling motor battery is on the charger & the pontoon boat is deflated & in it's carrying bag & just needs to be strapped down on the cargo rack. My lab is going to have a fit when I pull out with the truck camper on without him.

C
colbypearson
Best cumulative three to five fish, and big fish.

N
Noahk
colbypearson said:
Best cumulative three to five fish, and big fish.
+1. Simplier the better is my vote.

L
lilsalmon
i will be excited to just catch one on my fly rod........

T
TTFishon
lilsalmon said:
i will be excited to just catch one on my fly rod........

Are you bringing any bluegill flies just in case?

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
Are you bringing any bluegill flies just in case?

I am coming there totally blind......should I bring others? I never did get that one finished that I made...seems too complicated for fly fishing....hehe. I am bringing it with me for luck though.

C
colbypearson
lilsalmon said:
I am coming there totally blind......should I bring others? I never did get that one finished that I made...seems too complicated for fly fishing....hehe. I am bringing it with me for luck though.

it will still probubly be too cold for popper flies unfortunately but theres a possibility of fish up shallow enough to still be eating that stuff especially tight to shallow cover, i would make some like rabbit strip type flies that are pretty big, i wouldnt know what to call them but i would go with decent sized flies like 3"+ if would be sweet if you had or could make some mouse or rat flies to try some topwater or even some slow sinkers, bluegill patterns and just baitfish patterns all around, i have seen some crawfish flies before but they seem incredibly complicated, but who knows if you can make one or get one i would try that too! :D

T
TTFishon
lilsalmon said:

I'd bring some smaller flies just in case. Bluegill are fun to catch on a flyrod and you never know you might get a bass with a smaller fly too. What would really be cool, would be, if you hooked into one of the monster carp I've seen cruising around. Those things gotta be around 20 pounds. lol

C
colbypearson
TTFishon said:
I'd bring some smaller flies just in case. Bluegill are fun to catch on a flyrod and you never know you might get a bass with a smaller fly too. What would really be cool, would be, if you hooked into one of the monster carp I've seen cruising around. Those things gotta be around 20 pounds. lol

talked to a guy who has hooked a couple on wooly buggers at the expo ponds today, carp on a fly would be fun

T
TTFishon
colbypearson said:
talked to a guy who has hooked a couple on wooly buggers at the expo ponds today, carp on a fly would be fun

Yeah, it'd be crazy fun of course a big bass would be the shiz nit too.

L
lilsalmon
shhhhhh.....don't say carp here.....thanks for the info CP and TT....I will hit Mitch up at Two Rivers Fly shop here and see what he has....I wrote everything down so I don't have to stress on remembering...

brandon4455
brandon4455
i have a few woolly buggers and zonker minnows, and a few black nose dace.they will work well with a 9ft leader which is pretty much like a sinking tip since i have floating line. then ill add some split shot to get it down and start stripping them in waiting for a take. i have some steelhead stalkers micro jigs that would most definitely work too. most streamer type baitfish imitations should work.

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
lol that's a good idea FP we should have the person who catches 0 fishes out to my place and show em how it's done lol

We could end up with half the tourney there lol, my pond is no cakewalk you will work for multiple bass there although I have caught 5 in one day there over 2lbs. Most days I have been lucky to catch more than 3 fish total, many 1 or no fish days this early , will be a challenge . Dont worry Rose will have a spinning rod rigged up with somethin a bass will want for ya for when ya get tired of throwin sunflower seeds at em and are ready to give them a real meal.

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
We could end up with half the tourney there lol, my pond is no cakewalk you will work for multiple bass there although I have caught 5 in one day there over 2lbs. Most days I have been lucky to catch more than 3 fish total, many 1 or no fish days this early , will be a challenge .

i was gonna get a trophy made today LOL too bad im broke, i like a challenge hopefully the weather is nice and the fishing is decent.