Polarized lens suggestions

M
Metoman
Looking for some polarized lenses for fishing. I mainly fish for trout in clear water. What would be mt best options? I have a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets with non-polarized lenses I'm looking to replace w/ polarized one's.

Here's my options: http://www.oakley.com/products/5201/25168

Last edited:
Gunga
Gunga
Personally all i have is a 5$ pair of berkly polarized glasses that work really great. what im trying to say is you dont need 145 dollar lens lol

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
youngfishtyler said:
Personally all i have is a 5$ pair of berkly polarized glasses that work really great. what im trying to say is you dont need 145 dollar lens lol

Yea 5 dolla holla polarized glasses for me.... if they get dropped, sat on, or float down the river... no big loss!

T
the_intimidator03
if you want a basic pair then the walmart sub 20 dollar ones will work. If you want to get technical with the lighting, cloud cover etc then you can chooce specific lenses for specific days. and spend a wee more to have glasses that have 3-4 interchangable lenses.

Basically just find a pair of decent berkleys or such that wrap around your face as much as possible. all the light that enters behind the lens around the sides will reduce effectiveness of the polarized lenses

S
steelhead_slayer
if you get copper colored lenses they work in both light and dark conditions.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm just glad they come with bi-focals...:lol: A friend bought me a pair a few years back,they work great! :clap: :D

troutdude
troutdude
But, do they come in Tri-focals too? They do? COOL!

Slayer...by copper, do you mean Amber? That's what I have, cuz amber cuts glare and you can still see in the fog while driving.

So, I'd suggest that you consider that color for your specs too.

C
ChezJfrey
Wow, $5 glasses? You guys are cheapskates! I spent $12 on my fishing glasses ;)

Gunga
Gunga
ChezJfrey said:
Wow, $5 glasses? You guys are cheapskates! I spent $12 on my fishing glasses ;)

HAHAHA! i almost spent 15 for a differnt pair!

T
TimberTodd
I bought a pair at BiMart last year for around $20.00 with the magnifyers in the bottom. Without them I'm all thumbs trying to tie knots.
Todd

M
mlw
Personally, cheap sunglasses give me headaches. I have a pair of Smith Guides in a amber/bronze tint that are perfect - not too dark to wear when its overcast, or when I am in shade - I suppose if you do a lot of stillwater fishing a darker tone may be needed, but for rivers they are just right.
Micha

C
ChezJfrey
mlw said:
Personally, cheap sunglasses give me headaches.

In that case, more ZZ Top is prescribed to you ;)

troutdude
troutdude
ChezJfrey said:
In that case, more ZZ Top is prescribed to you ;)

ROTFL! You took the words right out of my mouth CJ!